Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › American debt debacle.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 108 Guests

American debt debacle.

This thread currently has 2,821 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
August 4, 2011, 10:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The last few weeks have been an eye opener into the way America engages with it's politicians - of whom at least 50% can safely be branded as completely barking - and it's horrific debt problem.

Majority of the debt was made under George W. Bush's presidency, and I can't help thinking now that those who are the most vociferous about reducing the debt now (the Tea Party) were wholesome advocates of what he was doing and funding in the first instance - the "war on terror" etc. What is it with a country that is so totally repulsed by any form of taxation, whether it's on fuel, or health or whatever, the Yanks just won't have it. With the likes of Fox News beating out an ultra right wing agenda every day that the majority of the population seem to accept as gospel in this respect it paints a frightening picture of where the country seems to be heading.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
August 4, 2011, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
I think part of it comes down to the fact that they're still relatively a very new country. They preach this 'American dream' balderdash of everybody is born with the same chances in life so you don't make it then it's your own fault.

Pretty scary that loons like Palin and Bachmann still hold sway with a big chunk of the population. Either of them becomes President and we're all copulated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
upthestripes
August 4, 2011, 11:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
They are one of the poorest countries in the world and have been for some time.
That's in terms of their debt of course. If all the countries they owed money to demanded it back in one go they'd be third world.
However I couldnt' give a feck to be frank. They are not a positive force in the world.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
jock dock tower
August 4, 2011, 4:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes
That's in terms of their debt of course. If all the countries they owed money to demanded it back in one go they'd be third world.
However I couldnt' give a feck to be frank. They are not a positive force in the world.

John Wayne was when he was taking on them pesky injuns...

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
upthestripes
August 4, 2011, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower

John Wayne was when he was taking on them pesky injuns...

Haha, and the spirit of John lives on!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
grimsby pete
August 4, 2011, 7:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from upthestripes

The main threat to world peace is not Russia or China , its the USA !!!!!

If they started minding their own bussiness and stopped interferring in other countries , we would be better off,

If there were a problem in the world, the UN are suppose to sort it out , not the USA,

The USA run the UN and NATO, thats the other problem,

Having said that, I like the USA and the Amercan people,

Its just the politicians.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
upthestripes
August 4, 2011, 7:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

The main threat to world peace is not Russia or China , its the USA !!!!!

If they started minding their own bussiness and stopped interferring in other countries , we would be better off,

If there were a problem in the world, the UN are suppose to sort it out , not the USA,

The USA run the UN and NATO, thats the other problem,

Having said that, I like the USA and the Amercan people,

Its just the politicians.

Yeah I agree Pete, it's the folk in power, as always. The people just get on with their lives like the rest of us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
Marinerz93
August 4, 2011, 7:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Corporations run the world, money is made from nothing and the American people are not to blame for the culture they have been brained washed into becoming.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
jock dock tower
August 4, 2011, 7:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
....mainly by Fox News, owner, Rupert Murdoch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
DJ Mera
August 4, 2011, 8:50pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +18 / 0
Approval: +1
Quoted from jock dock tower
....mainly by Fox News, owner, Rupert Murdoch.

(tee hee That naughty Rupert get's his fingers in everything lol)

Only thing is this debt thing of theirs will blow up again in a few months because they didn't settle it properly the dumb a sses

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › American debt debacle.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.