Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › American debt debacle.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 97 Guests

American debt debacle.

This thread currently has 2,820 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
August 4, 2011, 10:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The last few weeks have been an eye opener into the way America engages with it's politicians - of whom at least 50% can safely be branded as completely barking - and it's horrific debt problem.

Majority of the debt was made under George W. Bush's presidency, and I can't help thinking now that those who are the most vociferous about reducing the debt now (the Tea Party) were wholesome advocates of what he was doing and funding in the first instance - the "war on terror" etc. What is it with a country that is so totally repulsed by any form of taxation, whether it's on fuel, or health or whatever, the Yanks just won't have it. With the likes of Fox News beating out an ultra right wing agenda every day that the majority of the population seem to accept as gospel in this respect it paints a frightening picture of where the country seems to be heading.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
August 4, 2011, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
I think part of it comes down to the fact that they're still relatively a very new country. They preach this 'American dream' balderdash of everybody is born with the same chances in life so you don't make it then it's your own fault.

Pretty scary that loons like Palin and Bachmann still hold sway with a big chunk of the population. Either of them becomes President and we're all copulated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
upthestripes
August 4, 2011, 11:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
They are one of the poorest countries in the world and have been for some time.
That's in terms of their debt of course. If all the countries they owed money to demanded it back in one go they'd be third world.
However I couldnt' give a feck to be frank. They are not a positive force in the world.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
jock dock tower
August 4, 2011, 4:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes
That's in terms of their debt of course. If all the countries they owed money to demanded it back in one go they'd be third world.
However I couldnt' give a feck to be frank. They are not a positive force in the world.

John Wayne was when he was taking on them pesky injuns...

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
upthestripes
August 4, 2011, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower

John Wayne was when he was taking on them pesky injuns...

Haha, and the spirit of John lives on!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
grimsby pete
August 4, 2011, 7:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from upthestripes

The main threat to world peace is not Russia or China , its the USA !!!!!

If they started minding their own bussiness and stopped interferring in other countries , we would be better off,

If there were a problem in the world, the UN are suppose to sort it out , not the USA,

The USA run the UN and NATO, thats the other problem,

Having said that, I like the USA and the Amercan people,

Its just the politicians.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
upthestripes
August 4, 2011, 7:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

The main threat to world peace is not Russia or China , its the USA !!!!!

If they started minding their own bussiness and stopped interferring in other countries , we would be better off,

If there were a problem in the world, the UN are suppose to sort it out , not the USA,

The USA run the UN and NATO, thats the other problem,

Having said that, I like the USA and the Amercan people,

Its just the politicians.

Yeah I agree Pete, it's the folk in power, as always. The people just get on with their lives like the rest of us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
Marinerz93
August 4, 2011, 7:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Corporations run the world, money is made from nothing and the American people are not to blame for the culture they have been brained washed into becoming.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
jock dock tower
August 4, 2011, 7:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
....mainly by Fox News, owner, Rupert Murdoch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
DJ Mera
August 4, 2011, 8:50pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +18 / 0
Approval: +1

(tee hee That naughty Rupert get's his fingers in everything lol)

Only thing is this debt thing of theirs will blow up again in a few months because they didn't settle it properly the dumb a sses

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
James77
August 4, 2011, 9:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
Good diagram here of where all the money goes...

[url]http://s3.amazonaws.com/infobeautiful2/billion_dollar_gram_2009.png[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
kingofthekippers
August 4, 2011, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6

I guess your viewpoint is coloured by your politics; if you are left-of-centre Fox News is ultra-conservative. If you are right-of-centre then BBC News is pro-Labour.

The truth as always is somewhere in the middle.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
jock dock tower
August 4, 2011, 10:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from kingofthekippers

I guess your viewpoint is coloured by your politics; if you are left-of-centre Fox News is ultra-conservative. If you are right-of-centre then BBC News is pro-Labour.

The truth as always is somewhere in the middle.

....not with Rupert it ain't, even your good self must acknowledge that?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
jock dock tower
August 4, 2011, 10:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Interesting debate now going on in American politics where there's an attempt at setting up some kind of mass partiicpatory political movement to try and reclaim the "sensible" middle ground. The Tea Party are widely viewed with disdain, even among hard line Republicans - basically because they're stupid, ignorant, and downright dangerous and the majority of Americans simply don't want them. They don't have the money, wherwithal, or resources though to fend off a very rich and vocal organisation that is very clever at getting what it wants (very ably supported by Murdoch and Fox News)
What the new group is trying to do is to get two well known moderates from the Republicans and the Democrats to stand on a "3rd way" ticket for moderation. Will be very interesting to see whether it can succeed, because if it does show signs of doing so then I'm sure the likes of news Corporation will throw billions of dollars at trying to stop it. Interesting times.......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
80sglory
August 5, 2011, 12:19am
Guest User
The Tea Party are widely viewed with disdain, even among hard line Republicans - basically because they're stupid, ignorant, and downright dangerous and the majority of Americans simply don't want them. They don't have the money, wherwithal, or resources though to fend off a very rich and vocal organisation that is very clever at getting what it wants (very ably supported by Murdoch and Fox News)

Obviously they will be demonised like crazy by the manintream media and likes of Murdoch - all mainsteam is left AND right, it's one big illussion like you've actually got a real choice.

Most tea partiers just want their country back and to live within their means, uphold the constitution and have smaller, less criminal govt, less out of control with their war agendas.
I think you're the one who's maybe being a little ignorant here, don't simply believe everything must be true just because one side tells a pack of lies and says so.

The bottom line is, the whole debt principle flies against what common sense economics says - that if you're in debt, you can't keep increasing your debt level forever.
You can't stop the bubble bursting if you keep inflating it, it's just a case of how big it gets before it does.

To criticize people who want to burst the bubble before things gets worse later is somewhat missing the point.
Reply: 14 - 39
80sglory
August 5, 2011, 12:23am
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93
money is made from nothing

Yep most is created as debt.
Reply: 15 - 39
jock dock tower
August 5, 2011, 10:16am
Special Brew Drinker
....and is exploding across the world's stock markets this morning. Had to laugh when watching the BBC News this morning when it talked of "markets across the world are in freeefall" as if they are some kind of living organism, instead of the reality of financial speculators causing the run.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
kingofthekippers
August 5, 2011, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker

....not with Rupert it ain't, even your good self must acknowledge that?

I've never seen how people think Rupert Murdoch holds so much sway in this country. The idea that his newspapers hold so much influence is laughable; the Sun has a readership of 7.5m and the Times is read by 1.5m people which means there are 40m people over the age of 15 who DON'T read a Murdoch paper. 15m people read papers that don't come under the 'influence' of Rupert Murdoch.

Sky News is effectively a minority channel and its ability to influence events is minimal. Now compare that to the BBC. I bet Rupert would love to have two national free-to-air networks, five free-to-air national radio stations, 40 local radio stations, a state-subsidised worldwide radio and television news service and the most popular internet site in the UK. But he doesn't, the BBC does. So who influences more of what we see and hear?

I suspect the hatred of Murdoch (especially on the left) comes not from any pretence of 'power' but because of how he revolutionised Fleet Street and broke the stranglehold of the print unions. Without the likes of Murdoch and Eddy Shah our newspapers would still be inky, would contain no colour and would have little or no up-to-date news. Internet editions of newspapers would simply not exist; the power of the print unions would have put the kybosh to that. But where News International went the rest were sure to go, even the Guardian and the Mirror. Many of our news titles today were loss-making then (some still are) but they owe their existence to the actions of Murdoch and this is what rankles some.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
carrot top
September 7, 2011, 3:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Thought I would revive this thread for debate.
As we all know it is 2012 next year, and alhough I do not see it as the end of the world, I do believe there will be some major change.
I think the current economic system is all set for collapse as the debts worldwide are not sustainable. Austerity measures only put a temporary plaster on the wound, they are not cures.
Are we looking at a 'new world order' as many people feel or are there other solutions to this mess. I personally dont believe that the politicians ultimately control what goes on really, there are much more powerful people (eg Billderbergs) out there who pull the strings and they will be keen to hold onto their power at any cost. It will be a very bumpy ride for us all next year.
I'll probably be ridiculed as some sort of nut for posting this now.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
CairnsMariner
September 7, 2011, 4:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Quoted from carrot top
As we all know it is 2012 next year, and alhough I do not see it as the end of the world, I do believe there will be some major change.
I think the current economic system is all set for collapse as the debts worldwide are not sustainable. Austerity measures only put a temporary plaster on the wound, they are not cures.
Are we looking at a 'new world order' as many people feel or are there other solutions to this mess. I personally dont believe that the politicians ultimately control what goes on really, there are much more powerful people (eg Billderbergs) out there who pull the strings and they will be keen to hold onto their power at any cost. It will be a very bumpy ride for us all next year.
I'll probably be ridiculed as some of nut for posting this now.

I fear you are probably right. I don't subscribe (yet) to the doomsday prophecies, but I am becoming increasingly convinced by the NWO conspiracists.

Going back to the original issue of US debt, one of the things I don't get is the position regarding the UK. On 31 December 2006, the UK paid US$83m (£45.5m) to the US and so discharged the last of its loans from World War II. Now the UK is owed over US$300bn by the USA. Is this just institutional lending (ie UK banks/funds lending to the US) or does the US gov't actually owe the UK gov't? And if it is (and it probably is the case) institutional lending, how much must America owe it's own financial institutions? There must be some pretty big bubbles getting ready to burst....

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
kingofthekippers
September 7, 2011, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
There is something pretty big around the corner I fear. As carrot top said, what we have seen so far is merely a sticking plaster.

It is one thing when a high street retailer goes out of business (Woolworths). It is another when a clutch of banks need bailing out (RBS, Lloyds, Northern Rock). You know something is starting to look bad when an entire small country declares bankruptcy (Iceland). It gets worse when a series of slightly larger countries need bailing out (Ireland, Greece, Portugal). Then you start to worry when people start thinking larger countries like Italy, Spain and France maybe having some real trouble. And when the world's largest economy - the United States of America - is a mere few hours away from defaulting on its' debts for the first time ever........then it is squeaky bum time.

Cairns; America is the great economic paradox. The world's largest lender is also the world's largest borrower. In effect it's economy is so large it could pay back its' creditors overnight and have no debt whatsoever. It is just that it chooses not to.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
kingofthekippers
September 7, 2011, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
2012 is, of course, when the Mayans predict the world will end. It reminded me of a dream I had last night in which the world ended; and I say a dream because it wasn't frightening. It was calm, peaceful and colourful as it was set in the countryside.

In my dream people all over the world started disappearing. There was no panic, everybody just seemed quite resigned to their fate. They packed their belonging and went.No one knew where, they just went. There was no outbreak of disease, no great catastrophy, no force. Even I seemed quite resigned to my fate. Only at the end when there were a handful of people were left (of which I was one obviously as it was my dream) did panic creep in. Then I woke up.

So, all you budding Freud's out there. What did it mean?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
jock dock tower
September 7, 2011, 10:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Town to get relegated this season?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
upthestripes
September 7, 2011, 10:46pm

Vodka Drinker
2012 is, of course, when the Mayans predict the world will end. It reminded me of a dream I had last night in which the world ended; and I say a dream because it wasn't frightening. It was calm, peaceful and colourful as it was set in the countryside.

In my dream people all over the world started disappearing. There was no panic, everybody just seemed quite resigned to their fate. They packed their belonging and went.No one knew where, they just went. There was no outbreak of disease, no great catastrophy, no force. Even I seemed quite resigned to my fate. Only at the end when there were a handful of people were left (of which I was one obviously as it was my dream) did panic creep in. Then I woke up.

Possibly connected to your religion?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
upthestripes
September 7, 2011, 10:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from carrot top
I'll probably be ridiculed as some sort of nut for posting this now.

To be honest there is so much evidence of this iminent and certainly pre-planned 'change' now that I can't believe anyone could doubt it or mock it.
Gorden Brown mentioned the NWO in at least 4 separate speeches yet the phrase seems to have gone unquestioned and even, really weirdly, completely unnoticed.
I would love to know what these people believe that allows them to live with themselves for the things they have done in order to bring about and ensure this very sinister globalisation takes place. Maybe there is some kind of greater knowledge which only this little boys' club is privy to? I just dont' know.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
carrot top
September 7, 2011, 11:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
We are fed bullshit daily and unfortunately just bimble along as per usual, but really what else can we do. I certainly feel powerless at the moment, but at some point something will have to give. Will it be too late though. I hope not as I want to see Town promoted one more time (joke). Seriously though think about the Shite we are constantly fed regarding 'we are all in this together' rubbish etc. Prices on the up consistently and our leaders saying we have to tighten our belts blah blah blah! 'Times they are a changing'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
upthestripes
September 7, 2011, 11:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from carrot top
We are fed bullshit daily and unfortunately just bimble along as per usual, but really what else can we do. I certainly feel powerless at the moment, but at some point something will have to give. Will it be too late though. I hope not as I want to see Town promoted one more time (joke). Seriously though think about the Shite we are constantly fed regarding 'we are all in this together' rubbish etc. Prices on the up consistently and our leaders saying we have to tighten our belts blah blah blah! 'Times they are a changing'

An unfortunate thing, and something that is not helped in any way imo by the very selfish mindset that results from a capitalist society, is that we see ourselves as a billion helpless individuals rather than one enormously powerful body.
I still find it nothing short of astonishing that such a small number of people can have so much control over so many. How does this happen? When you think about it it's really quite incredible. Something we take for granted though cos that's 'just how it is'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
scrumble
September 8, 2011, 9:26am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from upthestripes

I still find it nothing short of astonishing that such a small number of people can have so much control over so many.

Just like communism then?

TBH take the Fishy as a microcosm, and you see how the world would be run if left to everyone to sort it out. To quote Blackadder "Give the likes of Baldrick the vote and we'll be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning, and dung for dinner."

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
mariner91
September 8, 2011, 11:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262

Means you're mental? Seriously though, do you believe the world will end in 2012?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
carrot top
September 8, 2011, 12:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Means you're mental? Seriously though, do you believe the world will end in 2012?

It's not about the end of the world, more like a new beginning. I believe we have almost reached the end of our current cycle and something big has to give. It might not be all bad though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
mariner91
September 8, 2011, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from carrot top

It's not about the end of the world, more like a new beginning. I believe we have almost reached the end of our current cycle and something big has to give. It might not be all bad though.

And you believe it is something to do with economic problems?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
Biccys
September 8, 2011, 2:44pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from scrumble

Just like communism then?

TBH take the Fishy as a microcosm, and you see how the world would be run if left to everyone to sort it out. To quote Blackadder "Give the likes of Baldrick the vote and we'll be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning, and dung for dinner."

Sweet, does that mean Rob will be in charge & Chris and I are his Goebbels & Himmler, deleting people that break the rules?!?
Awesome! Ze vorld vill be a better place, comrades.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 39
upthestripes
September 8, 2011, 3:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

Sweet, does that mean Rob will be in charge & Chris and I are his Goebbels & Himmler, deleting people that break the rules?!?
Awesome! Ze vorld vill be a better place, comrades.

You're getting your Nazis and your communists mixed up there Biccys

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
jock dock tower
September 8, 2011, 7:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Fcuk me...only just read that. It's noo 19.04 pm, that gives me just another one hour and eight minutes before the world goes BANG! Out comes the dope, the malt, a decent red, and my favourite curry. If I'm going, I'm going to do it in some style! Would love to coincide with a stonking dump.....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
mariner91
September 8, 2011, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Fcuk me...only just read that. It's noo 19.04 pm, that gives me just another one hour and eight minutes before the world goes BANG! Out comes the dope, the malt, a decent red, and my favourite curry. If I'm going, I'm going to do it in some style! Would love to coincide with a stonking dump.....

Would truly be the best way to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Biccys
September 9, 2011, 9:39am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from upthestripes

You're getting your Nazis and your communists mixed up there Biccys

Yes.... Would that be the Communards...?!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 39
AdamHaddock
September 9, 2011, 11:09am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
America's debt is understandable to an extent. They were spending a fortune on the military while Bush was giving tax cuts to his chums in the oil industry. But it's incredible that Labour racked up a trillion pounds of debt when they were taxing every last penny they could get out of motorists, small businesses and people on various different salaries. In the good years they should have been putting rainy day funds aside not handing it out to scroungers and the EU (and of course themselves).

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
jock dock tower
September 9, 2011, 12:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from AdamHaddock
America's debt is understandable to an extent. They were spending a fortune on the military while Bush was giving tax cuts to his chums in the oil industry. But it's incredible that Labour racked up a trillion pounds of debt when they were taxing every last penny they could get out of motorists, small businesses and people on various different salaries. In the good years they should have been putting rainy day funds aside not handing it out to scroungers and the EU (and of course themselves).

Analysis is a wee bit awry. They forgot to tax "non doms" they allowed loop holes in the law to let the super rich "pay" tax wherever they wanted to. Should have taxed them "until the pips squeak" I quote.
Strange isn't it, that 22 prominent financiers - probably the same people who got us into this mess - have caused a furore with their letter to the Times (carefully co-ordinated by Tory HQ) about lowering the 50 pence tax rate? Doubt there's any of those parasites who pay 20 pence in the pound, or even 40 pence in the pound. If they think it's disincentivising such people to work, and they'll move abroad because of it, I've a message for them "intercourse off if you don't like it"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
kingofthekippers
September 12, 2011, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker

Analysis is a wee bit awry. They forgot to tax "non doms" they allowed loop holes in the law to let the super rich "pay" tax wherever they wanted to. Should have taxed them "until the pips squeak" I quote.
Strange isn't it, that 22 prominent financiers - probably the same people who got us into this mess - have caused a furore with their letter to the Times (carefully co-ordinated by Tory HQ) about lowering the 50 pence tax rate? Doubt there's any of those parasites who pay 20 pence in the pound, or even 40 pence in the pound. If they think it's disincentivising such people to work, and they'll move abroad because of it, I've a message for them "intercourse off if you don't like it"

I have to say that it was comments like that in the 1970's that did see them intercourse off for pastures new, taking with them their talents and money-making prospects. It left us with a rabble of union trouble-makers and other malcontents combined with a weak socialist government that led to the winter of discontent and Margaret Thatcher and all that followed. I'm quite prepared to see the top rate of tax drop to 40% if it prevents a return to her mantra.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
jock dock tower
September 12, 2011, 10:36pm
Special Brew Drinker

I have to say that it was comments like that in the 1970's that did see them intercourse off for pastures new, taking with them their talents and money-making prospects. It left us with a rabble of union trouble-makers and other malcontents combined with a weak socialist government that led to the winter of discontent and Margaret Thatcher and all that followed. I'm quite prepared to see the top rate of tax drop to 40% if it prevents a return to her mantra.

KOTK "if it prevents a return to her mantra?" Have you been asleep for the last 6 months?

BTW, the people I refer to make money for themselves, they don't bring any "trickle down" wealth to the rest of the country, but they do expect tax payer bail outs when they intercourse up big style...and then still pay themselves huge bonuses having received said money. Make 'em squeak.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › American debt debacle.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.