Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PONTOON STAND BEEN VERY QUIET RECENT YEARS,give us
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 54 Guests

PONTOON STAND BEEN VERY QUIET RECENT YEARS,give us

This thread currently has 2,436 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
zorro_is_a_Mariner
July 28, 2011, 11:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from bradzmilne
In all fairness the lads with the drum do a decent job. Without them the atmosphere would be dead, I know not everyone likes it but it does help build an atmosphere IMO

Tottally agree.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
hertfordshire mariner
July 29, 2011, 12:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from cleedale

Spot on there Herts. Some of the big games were a great night out in the STANDING Pontoon. Mind, the whole ground used to be heaving with some of those cup games - guess some must have been 16 to 18 thou.

Apparently there's quite a bit of talk about bringing standing back in the lower leagues but if anyone's seen the design - to me it looks worse than seating and probably more expensive - no doubt some nice little earner for someone?

Having said that had a great day out at Sheff. Utd. last year and went in the Coventry end, (Cov. City end by the way), and not only did all the support stand up all of the time but the vast majority were stood on their seats. Some areas were more dangerous than old standing areas and as the lads there weren't exactly drinking coke from their plastic bottles, the stewards did absolutely nowt!

The football supporters federation have a pertion going to bring it back at the top levels. sadly it will never be the same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12997196

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Vance Warner
July 29, 2011, 12:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,833
Gold Stars: 106
I'm sure it's worth emailing this website and asking if they'll put some pressure on JF http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php.

We're in a unique position as a team with a relatively good fanbase, which is looking at building a new ground, and which is 3 divisions away from the rediculous bureaucracy which requires you to have seating for the Championship (why does the fact that the football is of a better standard make it safer to stand)?

I honestly feel that this could be feasible for a new ground and could significantly improve the atmosphere. Half the ground will still be seated anyway so can't imagine why anyone would complain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
the Grimbarian
July 29, 2011, 4:25am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Standing will NEVER come back to Blundell Park

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Rik e B
July 29, 2011, 6:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Garth
What goes on in the stands reflects what is happening on the pitch, sort that and the atmosphere and crowds follow

Indeed, the fans can try to a degree but if gutless players are freeloading their way about the pitch then any spirit is quickly sapped from the fan's.

A few bone crunching tackles and endless pressing and it all changes, but this kind of attitude has been all too sadly lacking in recent times.

S&H's methods demand this kind of effort so I'm sure the "GET INTO 'EM" passion will ooze from the supporters as soon as this is noted and if it is successful the word of this newfound workrate will spread like wildfire around the town causind the crowds to come flocking back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
STB
July 29, 2011, 9:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
The drum finished it for me.
I'm sure many like it but it was bad enough at England games with Pompey and Sheff W fans making a racket.
If we could have a fixture list printed showing when there will be no drummers . . . erm .. drumming, I may start attending again.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
siy2k5
July 29, 2011, 9:38am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
All midweek games STB

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
STB
July 29, 2011, 9:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from siy2k5
All midweek games STB

That really is fantastic news.
I have recently been diagnosed as 'drum intolerant' so this is brilliant for me.
Maybe the club could issue a drum free season ticket covering just mid week games.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PONTOON STAND BEEN VERY QUIET RECENT YEARS,give us

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.