Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
brad_gtfc
July 27, 2011, 5:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I actually quite agree with him, we needed Connell to get out this league in my view. I predict we'll finish 8th.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
mariner91
July 27, 2011, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from brad_gtfc
I actually quite agree with him, we needed Connell to get out this league in my view. I predict we'll finish 8th.

Why? Connell was a great player but that doesn't necessarily mean he will have made the team better because I get the impression he wouldn't have fitted into SandH's game plan. I think they want a high tempo, high pressing game and Connell couldn't offer that. Nor can he hold the ball up particularly well or win many headers and his goals tally was a lot less once teams realised the threat he posed and the fact that he was our only threat so got tight to him. This meant that our goal threat when he was out the game was nearly nothing. With the new team I expect them to be more physical, work very hard to stop the opposition having time on the ball which will mean we let less goals in and we will score more by winning the ball high up the pitch. We'll never know if he would have scored as many next season but his previous career tallys such it wouldn't have been likely.

He is a quality player, I'm not disputing that. But if he wasn't going to fit into our style of play and the fact we have replaced him with Hearn who can score and Elding who potentially can get 10-15 goals means we won't necessarily miss him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Mariners_15
July 27, 2011, 6:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 3024
Hiya fishy people, I'm back-aren't you glad?!

Anyways, thought that i should tell ya'll my opinion.

I don't think you will do as well as you think you will. You have lost Connell and replaced him with Anthony Elding! Elding didn't impress me when he was on loan here, so obviously you've lost a threat of goalscoring if you get what I mean.

Also, I have noticed the lack of  pace you have at the back, quick strikers will dominate you.

Your midfield is too lightweight as I am told my a gtfc mate, you need more physical players for this league so I'm told.

From Lincoln Imp xx

P.s. are you ready for a thrashing in the LINCS cup (notice it has our name in it, not yours   ) and in the league TWICE!?

good day.    

Your so obsessed with us you apparently already know our weaknesses, not one of them is correct though...

When are you going to grow up? Your own team is in disarray at the minute, can't wait for all you Gimps to come to the park and get mardy when your 3-0 down. Mid table mediocrity for the GIMPS, maybe even relegation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
lukeo
July 28, 2011, 1:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
1 man doesn't make a team, Connell was class but there are other players out there better than him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
tashee69
July 28, 2011, 2:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Remember when Mendonca left for Charlton and we lost Oster too. The next season surely shouldve been a disaster but we brought some excellant players in, rebuilt the TEAM, and Wembley winners twice      !!

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
nelly_gtfc
July 28, 2011, 2:18pm
Guest User
Lincoln Imp you're way too forward thinking, save the pisstakes for after christmas towards to end of the season, then again you may not be willing to post due to that very same reason.  
Reply: 27 - 40
hertfordshire mariner
July 28, 2011, 2:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from 3024
Hiya fishy people, I'm back-aren't you glad?!

Anyways, thought that i should tell ya'll my opinion.

I don't think you will do as well as you think you will. You have lost Connell and replaced him with Anthony Elding! Elding didn't impress me when he was on loan here, so obviously you've lost a threat of goalscoring if you get what I mean.

Also, I have noticed the lack of  pace you have at the back, quick strikers will dominate you.

Your midfield is too lightweight as I am told my a gtfc mate, you need more physical players for this league so I'm told.

From Lincoln Imp xx

P.s. are you ready for a thrashing in the LINCS cup (notice it has our name in it, not yours   ) and in the league TWICE!?

good day.    

hope your ready for your long hard wake up call when the season starts.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
RoboCod
July 28, 2011, 2:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

hope your ready for your long hard wake up call when the season starts.

Oh the Lincoln fans and players are always deluded optimistic about the impending new season. After last seasons claim from Facey that they'd score loads of goals from every position we have young McCallum in the Echo, all excited after scoring 3 in the latest friendlies...

Tilson has backed his wing-wizard to hit double figures in the scoring charts this season and McCallum is confident he can back up his manager’s prediction.
“I know I should probably not say this but I want to get 25 goals next season,” he said.

The BSP is EASY you see.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › you're all way too optimistic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.