MyDogsThoughts
July 29, 2011, 4:26pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from scrumble

Wrexham is an hour and a quarter away, Telford is just over two hours. Unfortunately I work Saturdays, and the extra hour means I wouldn't make it

You right on the coast then?

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
aldi_01
July 29, 2011, 5:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I am sure the players are on their phones every day to their agents and other clubs etc trying to get a move...i know i would be, how long would any of us stay in a job that wasn't paying us when we had a contract outlining exactly what we should be getting??

It could be curtains for Wrexham which is excrement for their fans but as someone said, their wage budget could be well over a million which isn't good with an average gate of 3000 and very little on field success, not to mention their ground be sold etc...

And yes, there have been players who have left town, scunny, gimps etc who have gone to Trinity and earned more money there than say GTFC...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
matt1972
July 29, 2011, 5:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Fully concur with the sad to see any club go (except MK Franchise FC) and wouldnt be gloating too much it could be us if we dont get out the conference this season.

Can remember winning at Wrexham in around 81/82 2-0 i think. It was that foggy we couldnt see either of the goals and neither could Batchy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
Swansea_Mariner
July 29, 2011, 6:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from cleedale

Yep, you're dead right there, but I was talking about 'this' season and it did come from someone who works at the club.

In my opinion this is where football is having major problems. Increasingly being run by big money people, until they get bored, and then the supporters are the ones that suffer when it all goes pear-shaped.

Even Wigan's top man said he'd had enough. He's bankrolled the club to the tune over about £100M and can't find anyone to pass the legacy to, even though he's a very ardent fan.

People talk on here, and other sites, about the clubs like Crawley and Fleetwood - are they sustainable?

I wouldn't mind personally but in the last 15 years I can't say I've seen any great improvement in players in the lower leagues. The wages however, have shot up astronomically and we just pay more on the gate, even though we are not often entertained and usually know that gates are not sustaining the clubs.

Just my thoughts like; that's the way I see it.

Ha that's another club due a swan dive at some point then 'a la' Gretna and to a lesser extent Rushden - I know it's fun if your rich and you love your team but its not sustainable as they are effectively (no disrespect) non clubs with no history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
aldi_01
July 29, 2011, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I agree, yes having 25million in the bank makes you rich but once you get involved in football that money will just disappear eventually and it is true, the majority of clubs are only supported by a few thousand, not hundreds of thousands worldwide buying merchandise etc to give the club financial support.

When that money starts to go the chairmen want away but know one wants a 'failing' club etc... It's a brave man whom invests in a club and a stupid man who thinks it'll make them money

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
Sigone
July 29, 2011, 6:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Only 1 club in this country potentially makes money - sadly man U.  Should they ever get control of there T.V rights and are able to show live games on MUTV, the cash heading there way could be astronomical.  At the moment SKY keep it fairly level in the prem, but I know the big clubs are hoping that changes soon.  And how much money would the few make,  WHEN the Euro super league starts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
Swansea_Mariner
July 29, 2011, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Sigone
Only 1 club in this country potentially makes money - sadly man U.  Should they ever get control of there T.V rights and are able to show live games on MUTV, the cash heading there way could be astronomical.  At the moment SKY keep it fairly level in the prem, but I know the big clubs are hoping that changes soon.  And how much money would the few make,  WHEN the Euro super league starts?

That's not quite true though is it just look at clubs like Arsenal and Stoke extremely well run, no long term debts sustainable crowds etc. I've got a great deal of respect for teams like this its the ridiculous 'splash the cash' teams that are ruining the fun of the game and making it all the more difficult for former to compete. I mean just look at Arsenal it must make their fans blood boil to see clubs like Man City and Chelsea buying success when they look to develop players and balance the budget.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › WREXHAM IN TROUBLE

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.