Paddymariner
July 16, 2011, 11:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from barralass
80,s Glory, do you need specs or me?
You put in a good post match post but from where I was sitting Kenny Arthur was GK for the full 90 minutes, so where did you get McKeown from, unless you were looking at Rotherham's 2nd half goalie?

You were too busy feeling Grumpy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
cod.gtfc
July 17, 2011, 7:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Tommy

You're not really writing off Mulready after 45 minutes of our first friendly are you? A bit harsh. His first ever start in a senior match as well. I do think he struggled but I wouldn't write him off.

Agree we definitely need left back cover though.

you can tell a players style, the bosses can't be that convinced either seen as he only got 6 months. He's small and lightweight so he needs to be quick but he isn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
barralass
July 17, 2011, 8:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / -1
I'm not feeling grumpy anymore!
Having read everyone's posts, there's a sense of optimism in the air.
I remember coming away from our pre-season win over Sheff Weds last year thinking we would walk the league and look how that turned out.
I wonder if we were a little hasty in getting rid of Ademeno though?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
Les Brechin
July 17, 2011, 9:06am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Tommy

You're not really writing off Mulready after 45 minutes of our first friendly are you? A bit harsh. His first ever start in a senior match as well. I do think he struggled but I wouldn't write him off.

Agree we definitely need left back cover though.

I thought Mulready started at Wimbledon last season.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
BIGChris
July 17, 2011, 9:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from cod.gtfc

you can tell a players style, the bosses can't be that convinced either seen as he only got 6 months. He's small and lightweight so he needs to be quick but he isn't.

He is small but he is also pretty quick.

Give the kid a chance. I am sure he isnt seen as a starter and IF we sign another striker and keep Duffy and Makofo his chances are going to be slight but his record at Youth level dictates H&S were right to give him a chance.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
oldun
July 17, 2011, 10:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Perhaps a period on loan and regular games will benefit Sam. Not sure what sort of player he is. He will not win headers, does not take players on and beat them, struggles to hold the ball up. So I guess he is more in the goal poacher mould. Really don't know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
July 17, 2011, 10:31am
Guest User
C'mon, let's give the kid a chance! Mulready probably isn't ready for the first team yet, but if he's anything he's a goalscorer - and they're not so easy to find.

If you're not going to check out a youngster who's scored plenty and regularly at youth level, why bother with a youth setup at all?

IF he's a goal poacher type we might be able to play him successfully, given the graft we can expect from the rest of the team. For now, let's just wish him well.
Reply: 26 - 42
oldun
July 17, 2011, 10:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I wish him well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
cod.gtfc
July 17, 2011, 12:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
I do wish him well, but I don't see him being good enough for us, my opinion am sorry but just because he's young dosn't mean I should sympathise we don't have that luxery. He might prove me wrong but at he moment I doubt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Kris2
July 17, 2011, 1:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Oh i'm sure if he scores a couple in pre season people will see him as the second coming of Jesus and whatever else. Some seem too eager to get excited by youth players. The youth games and reserves games are different to the first team and even if they did well in those doesn't mean it'll translate to the first team. Look at Andy Taylor. Scored loads for the reserves and people were calling for him to play in the first team and when he did he was crap.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today's game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.