Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › From positive to negative....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 95 Guests

From positive to negative....

This thread currently has 5,170 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
July 16, 2011, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
Top post earlier in this thread TRRFC, only just read it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
denni266
July 17, 2011, 5:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
what bothers me, and i have said it before is nuzzle and scratch are  non league managers. and from a league below us. just above sunday league standard. and have as i said before got players from below us . now as i see it they where there for a reason ,. yes its true you do get the odd diamond from none league but not 3/4 of a team . i cant see us doing any better than last season , hope i am wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
July 17, 2011, 5:39am
Guest User
Quoted from Steve_gtfc

Agree with the one good season sentiment as I think teams in our league started to suss him out after xmas. He set off like a train in the first half of the season but his scoring seemed to slow after the January transfer window.

That's the problem with relying on one player to score your goals - the opponents get wise and plan accordingly. To be successful you need more than one goal threat.
Reply: 22 - 50
mariner91
July 17, 2011, 9:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from denni266
what bothers me, and i have said it before is nuzzle and scratch are  non league managers. and from a league below us. just above sunday league standard. and have as i said before got players from below us . now as i see it they where there for a reason ,. yes its true you do get the odd diamond from none league but not 3/4 of a team . i cant see us doing any better than last season , hope i am wrong

We're a non league team. Nearly all the teams that have been promoted from the conference have sourced the majority of their team and their manager from the non league scene.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
mariner2000
July 17, 2011, 9:37am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +175
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from CarlitoBrigante

The club obviously knew Alan was leaving, and Career Underdogs deserves some credit for saying this many weeks ago, he clearly got it right.

pmsl all CU does is try to wind people up by saying what they don't want to hear no special insight or anything. Many people thought he might go but hoped he wouldn't unlike cu they didn't use it to wind people up though
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 24 - 50
Career Underdogs
July 17, 2011, 10:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
Quoted from mariner2000

pmsl all CU does is try to wind people up by saying what they don't want to hear no special insight or anything. Many people thought he might go but hoped he wouldn't unlike cu they didn't use it to wind people up though

Would you rather I not tell you things as I get my info through?

As it happens I have info about another signing that is on the cards. A striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
mariner91
July 17, 2011, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Career Underdogs

Would you rather I not tell you things as I get my info through?

As it happens I have info about another signing that is on the cards. A striker.

Prove your credentials then seen as you have a strike rate of 1 right in about 100 and tell us who this striker is and we'll see if he signs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Career Underdogs
July 17, 2011, 10:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
See other post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
mariner2000
July 17, 2011, 11:31am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +175
Gold Stars: 5
absolutely anyone could have said connell will go it was always a possibility, personally I thought he would always go, especially as he was on a 2 year.  It's also more likely than not he'll be replaced by another striker, as despite duffy scoring he's still not in the gaffers plans.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 28 - 50
Perkins
July 17, 2011, 12:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quote from Alan Alger writing in todays "The Non League Paper" regarding Connells' transfer:

"The undisclosed six figure fee will help the club who are still having trouble balancing the books at this level.
One thing i would say is that if Connell could have been persuaded to put his league ambitions on hold for one season, a partnership with Liam Hearn could have been worth more than the transfer fee in the form of promotion back to the Football League"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › From positive to negative....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.