Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Working weekends?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 50 Guests

Working weekends?

This thread currently has 1,461 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
samg
July 15, 2011, 9:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
This really pees me off - i have to work every other w'end so i have to plan my family life around this - this includes missing Town matches etc-just wondered who else has the same dilemma - i suppose i should be grateful i have a job but it really does pee me off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Neilo83
July 15, 2011, 9:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
I dont HAVE to work them but i tend to make the most of the overtime when its there because when its not there and im picking up a flat weeks wage i miss the overtime.. We got slack for around 2 months every year (now being that time)

Where do u work btw?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
ponnyfan
July 15, 2011, 9:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from samg
This really pees me off - i have to work every other w'end so i have to plan my family life around this - this includes missing Town matches etc-just wondered who else has the same dilemma - i suppose i should be grateful i have a job but it really does pee me off!
I fully understand your dilemma mate because I work in retail and it is awkward.

Tips - get a good understanding with your boss and ask to finish early on match days !
          Book key match days in advance as holiday/lieu time
          Plan matches around your rota if you can influence it !
          Swap shifts where possible and pay back the favours

I tend to get to lots of games a season but unfortunately miss some games - Best regards Mike

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
samg
July 15, 2011, 9:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Neilo83
I dont HAVE to work them but i tend to make the most of the overtime when its there because when its not there and im picking up a flat weeks wage i miss the overtime.. We got slack for around 2 months every year (now being that time)

Where do u work btw?

I'm an assistant manager on a pig unit (please don't regard me as a thick t*at like most people do when you mention pigs) but like ourselves would you want to be awaken at 3 in the morning with food so you could get away earlier?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Polish Bloke
July 16, 2011, 8:34am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
I don't need to work weekends and I manage to employ some British people too, capitalism rules!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
pseudonym
July 17, 2011, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from samg

I'm an assistant manager on a pig unit (please don't regard me as a thick t*at like most people do when you mention pigs) but like ourselves would you want to be awaken at 3 in the morning with food so you could get away earlier?
Did you get rid of Peter Boar ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Mariner Ronnie
July 17, 2011, 7:26pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
i know how you feel, i always get imposed with weekends, shutdowns especially but most of the time they are optional, but you can't help but feel you're burning bridges if you don't work them, it does suck

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Marinerz93
July 17, 2011, 11:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pseudonym

Very good Mr T  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Marinerz93
July 17, 2011, 11:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from samg

Chuck a load of food down and get to the match, they'll soon find it when they start to forage.  Feeding the pigs early for the odd day a week won't do them any harm.

I've heard that a pigs teeth can cut through bone like a knife through butter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKiQfBs9lo

Your name isn't really samg is it, Errol.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
1mickylyons
July 18, 2011, 6:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,442
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from pseudonym

Your SOW predictable Les.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Working weekends?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.