Freemoash88
July 15, 2011, 5:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Bloody Hell,

It's not the end of the world people. Connell has gone we havent been robbed we got a decent fee for him. Would you rather wait till the end of the Season and let him leave and get nothing for him?

Agreed we would all of liked him to stay but we got goal scorers all over the pitch by the looks of things. Hearn could be the man with them goals. I'm sure if he bagged in 30 this Season we would all forget about Connell. I'm sure Hearn will score his fair share if not more, we have Coulson, Disley, Artus, Church, Spencer, who will i'm sure will all contribute. Plus if sources are true S&H might have another Striker on there way in.

Look to the future we have 2 gaffers doing things we haven't seen since Slade times.

Lets just move on and get behind the boys.

Logged Offline
Private Message
cod.gtfc
July 15, 2011, 5:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Amen to that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
July 15, 2011, 5:37pm
Guest User
WELL SAID !
Reply: 2 - 22
Wrawby_Mariner
July 15, 2011, 5:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Can't argue with a word of it
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 22
Garth
July 15, 2011, 5:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
ON THE BALL with that comment well said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Grim up north
July 15, 2011, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 1
Well said .
The King is dead, long live the King.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
cleeimp
July 15, 2011, 5:56pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from Freemoash88
Bloody Hell,

It's not the end of the world people. Connell has gone we haven't been robbed we got a decent fee for him. Would you rather wait till the end of the Season and let him leave and get nothing for him?

Agreed we would all of liked him to stay but we got goal scorers all over the pitch by the looks of things. Hearn could be the man with them goals. I'm sure if he bagged in 30 this Season we would all forget about Connell. I'm sure Hearn will score his fair share if not more, we have Coulson, Disley, Artus, Church, Spencer, who will I'm sure will all contribute. Plus if sources are true S&H might have another Striker on there way in.

Look to the future we have 2 gaffers doing things we haven't seen since Slade times.

Lets just move on and get behind the boys.

I agree with you M8 100% and a good post I am proud off Fenty and SE&H for the way they held out for a good payment wounder if there are any add ons.
I don't think he will be missed as we have.some good player that have been brought in I have a funny feeling that we may bring in that colored player who was supposed to signed for Boston Dayle I think he's called.
life go's on cleefish UTMM  

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
GrimsbyOllie
July 15, 2011, 6:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +31 / -3
Well said mate!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
80sglory
July 15, 2011, 6:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from Freemoash88
Agreed we would all of liked him to stay

It doesn't sound like it.

I bet if Fenty had come flat out and said "he's staying that's it", most fans would have agreed with it.

Reply: 8 - 22
samg
July 15, 2011, 6:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
AC may have gone but my season ticket still sits proud on the kitchen top - i for one are fully commited to the season ahead and will get behind the team and gaffers come rain or shine!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
jock dock tower
July 15, 2011, 6:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
.....anyone thought of giving Matt Tees a bell?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
TWAreaTownSupporter
July 15, 2011, 6:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Freemoash88

What wear baseball caps and pissoff to Yeovil after coaching the team to a dismal showing in the playoff final?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
CarlitoBrigante
July 15, 2011, 11:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
I disagree.  The fee isn't all that, let's be honest.  If we replace him, great, but I think Fenty thinks we already have, with Hearn.  I hope S&H have got it right, otherwise the crowds will plummet once more........

Fingers crossed though, I hope you're right.  But the squad has a big void in it now, let's not kid ourselves.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
acko338
July 15, 2011, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,208
Gold Stars: 33
Why is there a void, he wasn't happy, wanted out, probably wouldn't have played as wel this year or just spat out his dummy??

Or, he gave us a good honest season and deserved the move upwards!

Good money, good deal, used wisely, could be what is needed, a full squad of hungry players who could race up the league together.

Did Buckley face the same apathy when he put his team of non leaguers and triers together as a unit who would fight for each other, especially the young local lads coming through....????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
tashee69
July 15, 2011, 11:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from acko338

Did Buckley face the same apathy when he put his team of non leaguers and triers together as a unit who would fight for each other, especially the young local lads coming through....????

Yes - by quite a few. Gates fell to 2200. Comments of buy non league, end up in non league was made. 4thFeb we was 5th from bottom. Eventually they got it together and the rest is history !!!  
I've still got a good feeling about this year. I'm more confident that we appear to be a stronger TEAM.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
80sglory
July 16, 2011, 12:04am
Guest User
Quoted from acko338
Why is there a void, he wasn't happy, wanted out, probably wouldn't have played as wel this year or just spat out his dummy??

You're talking about a profressional who scored 29 goals in a poor team but always gave 100% and showed enough leadership qualities for almost the whole team.

Now you're suggesting he might have "spat out his dummy" ?

It's comments like that that make me despair.
Reply: 15 - 22
0ld timer
July 16, 2011, 5:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from 1600

You're talking about a profressional who scored 29 goals in a poor team but always gave 100% and showed enough leadership qualities for almost the whole team.

Now you're suggesting he might have "spat out his dummy" ?

It's comments like that that make me despair.

are u his boyfriend or summot?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
forza ivano
July 18, 2011, 12:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +71 / -21
Approval: +15,314
Gold Stars: 266
title of this thread sounds like a good summing up. sad to see him go as he's the classiest player i've sen in a town shirt for many years, but we've got a damn good fee for a 28/29 year old, who has probably wanted to get back darn sarf for many months. he always gave his best and was very professional imho. i also think that a) he wouldn't have scored as many goals next season, so we'd have been paying an awful lot of money for aless effective palyer and b) don't know if he would've fitted into s&h's plans or system.
1 final stat that i haven't seen mentioned anywhere else. up until 1.1.11- 16 goals in 20 games. after that - 9 goals in 26 games. i think those are pretty significant stats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
realityman
July 18, 2011, 12:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
what rubbish! years and years of rubbish on here accepting such dross.  just one question. were has all the success been this past ten years under this regime?  and you lot just fall in line like good little sheep! baa baa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Limerick Mariner
July 18, 2011, 12:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,828
Gold Stars: 141
I haven't read all the threads on the Connell saga - otherwise I would be either out of a job or used all my holiday, however, I'll try summarise my take on it in less than a tweet -

Connell wanted out, Fenty objective was to get the best deal possible without him joining a BSP team and winding the fans up. Job done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
biggles9999
July 18, 2011, 12:29pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from realityman
what rubbish! years and years of rubbish on here accepting such dross.  just one question. were has all the success been this past ten years under this regime?  and you lot just fall in line like good little sheep! baa baa

Hooray your back!

Which of our signings isnt joining us? McKeown, Pearson or Church? Ive heard that York City want to sign them all?

Perhaps you know exactly what would have happened this coming season had we kept Connell?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
marinerian
July 18, 2011, 12:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from biggles9999

Hooray your back!

Which of our signings isnt joining us? McKeown, Pearson or Church? Ive heard that York City want to sign them all?

Perhaps you know exactly what would have happened this coming season had we kept Connell?

knickers need untwisting mate  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
headingly_mariner
July 18, 2011, 5:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,426
Gold Stars: 124
Fenty has been courting offers for Connell and trying to soften the fans with the contract extension bollox and the shite about only going to a league club. One minute he says Alan is not for sale the next a 6 figure sum from a league club would do it. Maybe connell did want out but replacing a player of his quality may not be possible with 115 k, the transfer fee might well cover fenty's yearly managerial sacking.
I hope someone asks fenty why he has lied to fans about what he said about the last fans forum and alan connells contract situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Not the end of the World

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.