This thread currently has 2,692 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
July 15, 2011, 6:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
.....anyone thought of giving Matt Tees a bell?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
TWAreaTownSupporter
July 15, 2011, 6:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Freemoash88
Look to the future we have 2 gaffers doing things we haven't seen since Slade times.

What wear baseball caps and pissoff to Yeovil after coaching the team to a dismal showing in the playoff final?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
CarlitoBrigante
July 15, 2011, 11:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
I disagree.  The fee isn't all that, let's be honest.  If we replace him, great, but I think Fenty thinks we already have, with Hearn.  I hope S&H have got it right, otherwise the crowds will plummet once more........

Fingers crossed though, I hope you're right.  But the squad has a big void in it now, let's not kid ourselves.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
acko338
July 15, 2011, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Why is there a void, he wasn't happy, wanted out, probably wouldn't have played as wel this year or just spat out his dummy??

Or, he gave us a good honest season and deserved the move upwards!

Good money, good deal, used wisely, could be what is needed, a full squad of hungry players who could race up the league together.

Did Buckley face the same apathy when he put his team of non leaguers and triers together as a unit who would fight for each other, especially the young local lads coming through....????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
tashee69
July 15, 2011, 11:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from acko338

Did Buckley face the same apathy when he put his team of non leaguers and triers together as a unit who would fight for each other, especially the young local lads coming through....????

Yes - by quite a few. Gates fell to 2200. Comments of buy non league, end up in non league was made. 4thFeb we was 5th from bottom. Eventually they got it together and the rest is history !!!  
I've still got a good feeling about this year. I'm more confident that we appear to be a stronger TEAM.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
80sglory
July 16, 2011, 12:04am
Guest User
Quoted from acko338
Why is there a void, he wasn't happy, wanted out, probably wouldn't have played as wel this year or just spat out his dummy??

You're talking about a profressional who scored 29 goals in a poor team but always gave 100% and showed enough leadership qualities for almost the whole team.

Now you're suggesting he might have "spat out his dummy" ?

It's comments like that that make me despair.
Reply: 15 - 22
0ld timer
July 16, 2011, 5:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from 1600

You're talking about a profressional who scored 29 goals in a poor team but always gave 100% and showed enough leadership qualities for almost the whole team.

Now you're suggesting he might have "spat out his dummy" ?

It's comments like that that make me despair.

are u his boyfriend or summot?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
forza ivano
July 18, 2011, 12:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
title of this thread sounds like a good summing up. sad to see him go as he's the classiest player i've sen in a town shirt for many years, but we've got a damn good fee for a 28/29 year old, who has probably wanted to get back darn sarf for many months. he always gave his best and was very professional imho. i also think that a) he wouldn't have scored as many goals next season, so we'd have been paying an awful lot of money for aless effective palyer and b) don't know if he would've fitted into s&h's plans or system.
1 final stat that i haven't seen mentioned anywhere else. up until 1.1.11- 16 goals in 20 games. after that - 9 goals in 26 games. i think those are pretty significant stats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
realityman
July 18, 2011, 12:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
what rubbish! years and years of rubbish on here accepting such dross.  just one question. were has all the success been this past ten years under this regime?  and you lot just fall in line like good little sheep! baa baa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Limerick Mariner
July 18, 2011, 12:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,781
Gold Stars: 138
I haven't read all the threads on the Connell saga - otherwise I would be either out of a job or used all my holiday, however, I'll try summarise my take on it in less than a tweet -

Connell wanted out, Fenty objective was to get the best deal possible without him joining a BSP team and winding the fans up. Job done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Not the end of the World

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.