6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Green27
October 3, 2009, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
What do you think is the best TV show of the last decade the seven above are probably the most critcally acclaimed and most popular but some just as good may have been left out South Park, Simpsons, The Shield and The Daily Show to name a few.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
theicenian
October 3, 2009, 3:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Torn between the wire and the West Wing eventually voted for the latter. Absolutely hated the office thought it was nonsensical. But then I don't get Gervaise's sense of humour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
MaccaBilk
October 3, 2009, 5:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +16
Quoted from theicenian
Torn between the wire and the West Wing eventually voted for the latter. Absolutely hated the office thought it was nonsensical. But then I don't get Gervaise's sense of humour.

Where's Extras?

I thought that was better than the already excellent The Office.

--
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
kingofthekippers
October 3, 2009, 6:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Once upon a time British television was noted as the best in the world. Now anything home-produced is absolute shite and the better quality shows tend to be US imports.

This is hardly surprising when you look at the listings: Tonight BBC One features several hours of people who can't dance trying to dance in a show presented by someone who is older than Methuselah's grandfather whilst (SH)ITV has several hours of people who have no talent whatsoever trying to make out they have talent in front of a man who has pound signs where his eyes should be.

Whatever happened to well-crafted sitcoms, exciting dramas and programmes that actually made you think?

For the record my vote goes to another US import, The Simpsons. After so long it is amazing how fresh each new episode is.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 53
theicenian
October 3, 2009, 6:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from kingofthekippers
Once upon a time British television was noted as the best in the world. Now anything home-produced is absolute shite and the better quality shows tend to be US imports.

This is hardly surprising when you look at the listings: Tonight BBC One features several hours of people who can't dance trying to dance in a show presented by someone who is older than Methuselah's grandfather whilst (SH)ITV has several hours of people who have no talent whatsoever trying to make out they have talent in front of a man who has pound signs where his eyes should be.

Whatever happened to well-crafted sitcoms, exciting dramas and programmes that actually made you think?

For the record my vote goes to another US import, The Simpsons. After so long it is amazing how fresh each new episode is.

WHS

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
Wrawby_Mariner
October 3, 2009, 6:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Wheres Lost?

Best British show easily Mock The Week
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 5 - 53
NorfolkImp
October 3, 2009, 6:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
None of the above ..... Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes were excellent whereas Wire In The Blood, Ultimate Force & The Fixer are all watchable.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
Green27
October 3, 2009, 6:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Wheres Lost?
It don't make sense Wrawb  

Best British show easily Mock The Week
Not now Frankie Boyle has quit the show.  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
kamakazebear
October 3, 2009, 8:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
i voted band of brothers, was only 12 when it first showed, loved it then and still watch the dvd now and again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
Wrawby_Mariner
October 4, 2009, 10:08am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Where is Lost. . . . As in the one on Sky One
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 9 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best TV shows of the last 10 years

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.