Tampa Bay v New England

This thread currently has 3,671 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Imperial Corner
September 11, 2009, 7:23pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Just got my ticket for this - anyone else here going? I know there are a few gridiron aficionados on here (plus Alvingham who for some reason supports the Chargers  ) Always wanted to go to a game since Channel 4 got me into it in the 80s, didn't expect to be able to get a ticket but I think I've got a reasonable seat and in the price bracket I wanted.

Not cheap but then neither is watching 4th Division crap and having visited the alleged 'Wembley of the North' last weekend (I can only assume that description was some sort of sick joke) I am more than happy to shell out a bit (well, quite a lot) more to go back to the real thing.
Private Message
alvinghammariner
September 11, 2009, 10:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
I am going this year! I have been to the last two games and they have been brilliant! I am sitting behind the end zone for a change this year.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
theicenian
September 12, 2009, 12:25am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
At least one Icenian offspring is going,not sure about the one that's getting married today.Remains to be seen if he is under the thumb or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
leicmariner
September 12, 2009, 12:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +4
Quoted from theicenian
At least one Icenian offspring is going,not sure about the one that's getting married today.Remains to be seen if he is under the thumb or not.

cheeky sod!!!!

yes I'm going for the 3rd time it is an awesome atmosphere. and just to annoy the older sibling think i will support tampa

On another note there is a big american football game in Doncaster in a couple of weeks as the BAFL final is played between Leicester Falcons and Colchester!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
ginnywings
September 12, 2009, 8:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Don't really get it myself.Think it's boring but it wouldn't be right if we were all the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Chrisblor
September 13, 2009, 12:38am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 243
I've got tickets on or near abouts the 50 yard line in the 3rd row of the top tier. I've got a feeling that this game will struggle to beat the shootout between the Saints and Chargers last year though.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
GrimRob
September 16, 2009, 4:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,473
Gold Stars: 115
Wouldn't mind going but the cost put me off. A lot more than watching England play proper "football".  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 27
Imperial Corner
September 16, 2009, 6:43pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
There were actually a few seats at 30 quid - they were advertised as 'restricted view' though.

I will tell my bank manager that the games last twice as long as 'proper football' so from that point of view it is actually good value for money. (I won't mention that most of it is advert breaks!)
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
theicenian
September 16, 2009, 6:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from Imperial Corner
There were actually a few seats at 30 quid - they were advertised as 'restricted view' though.

I will tell my bank manager that the games last twice as long as 'proper football' so from that point of view it is actually good value for money. (I won't mention that most of it is advert breaks!)

You also get to see twice as many players.

I was amazed when I went to see my first live game at the fact that they had two ambulances stood at the side of the pitch both of which were used before the game was over. After that I didn't dare watch as Leicester Mariner was playing. I see he's busy touting his old teams game at Donny.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
roundballovalhole
September 17, 2009, 12:34am
Guest User
i tried watchin it on channel 4 in the eighties. . . . nope. . . don't gettit!
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tampa Bay v New England

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.