Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is Fergie falling for his own chicanery?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

Is Fergie falling for his own chicanery?

This thread currently has 2,958 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
July 27, 2009, 4:40pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
City may have 'only' signed 3 strikers and Barry, but those players they brought in during January have now had a bit of time to adjust to the league, whilst the players signed this summer have all been in this league for at least 2 years.

Kompany and De Jong signed in January are excellent players in a variety of postions (mainly defensive mid and centre back). I can see Man City playing a very similar formation to Liverpool. If they can strengthen their two centre backs as they are trying to do at present with proven Premiership players then they could be in for a very good season.

I also think that Steven Ireland playing in a similar role to Gerrard would be an excellent thing. If the signings they have made play for the club and arent just there for the money then I wouldnt be surprised to see them finish in the top 4.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Biccys
July 27, 2009, 4:43pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I seriously doubt that City will be above Uts this season. I'm happy if they are, but honestly, does anyone really think they will?!

I can also see SAF quitting after next year. With the finances restricted to him freom the Ronaldo sale (or so it would seem) he can't be happy with that situation. It also seems like the top players aren't interested in going there, more like Real Madrid and City for the cash. Pity, but there you go.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 16
topuphere666
July 27, 2009, 11:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
they are a bit like real madrid, in terms of transfers, they are buying more "forward" players, and seem to be neglecting there defence (forget john terry) Richard Dunne isnt capable of being a top 4 centre half
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
biggles9999
July 29, 2009, 11:07am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
But they are trying to strengthen their defence. They have signed Kompany, De Jong, Zabaleta and Bridge in the last year. All of these players could form a back four, although Kompany and De Jong have played playing in midfield at the moment.

Hughes also wanted to pair Terry and Lescott together. I cant imagine many teams would turn down that partnership. Similarly Toure and Lescott would be a good partnership. I cant see Everton holding out for much longer and Toure appears to be almost a done deal. They will be very strong if they can get a leader.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Japers
July 29, 2009, 2:08pm

ABsaid put it in corner,thought meant top corner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +13
I think Fergie comes out with this stuff when he feels his teams are weaker the usual.
Good for England that Rooney going to be playing down the middle!

The boss told me to put it in the corner.....i thought he meant the top corner.
Jim Dobbin after 1-0 victory at Newcastle wonder strike
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
aldi_01
July 30, 2009, 7:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
i dont care either way but i would bet on town finishing higher in our division than city to in theirs

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
tomb
August 4, 2009, 1:07am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -7
He's lost it.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is Fergie falling for his own chicanery?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.