Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is Fergie falling for his own chicanery?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 90 Guests

Is Fergie falling for his own chicanery?

This thread currently has 2,955 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
July 26, 2009, 1:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
We all know that Fergie is the master of footballing psychology but I find his recent rants about Manchester City rather bizarre. In today's papers he accuses City of being a small club with a small mentality on the basis of one advertising poster in the centre of Manchester. He also accuses City of being fixated with United when all I've read about City is their plans for the future - no mention of United. In fact it is United who talk about City. Even Rio Ferdinand was at it in yesterday's Times advising John Terry not to go to a club that won't win trophies.

Now I've noticed that Fergie tends to publicly attack clubs he sees as real threats: Liverpool last season, Chelsea and Arsenal in the past. Is the chucter finally admitting City are his biggest threat next season? City is a club whose new team is yet unproven and yet the full force of the hair-dryer is being unleased. I guess it can't be easy having been the big fish to have lost your star player and have to replace him with a crock on a pay-as-you-go deal whilst your neighbours are spending cash KLF-style.

Are we seeing the beginning of the end for his empire?

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
July 26, 2009, 1:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
I agree,  Fergie is losing it  imo,

Why is this on NON FOOTY ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Biccys
July 26, 2009, 2:28pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Yeah... NON-NON FOOTY...

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 16
kingofthekippers
July 26, 2009, 3:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I agree,  Fergie is losing it  imo,

Why is this on NON FOOTY ?

Well, I thought of putting it on Fishy Talk but was afraid that some may point out, quite validly I suppose, that it wasn't fishy talk, ie about the Town.

So I erred on the side of caution.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
psgmariner
July 26, 2009, 4:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from kingofthekippers
We all know that Fergie is the master of footballing psychology but I find his recent rants about Manchester City rather bizarre. In today's papers he accuses City of being a small club with a small mentality on the basis of one advertising poster in the centre of Manchester. He also accuses City of being fixated with United when all I've read about City is their plans for the future - no mention of United. In fact it is United who talk about City. Even Rio Ferdinand was at it in yesterday's Times advising John Terry not to go to a club that won't win trophies.

Now I've noticed that Fergie tends to publicly attack clubs he sees as real threats: Liverpool last season, Chelsea and Arsenal in the past. Is the chucter finally admitting City are his biggest threat next season? City is a club whose new team is yet unproven and yet the full force of the hair-dryer is being unleased. I guess it can't be easy having been the big fish to have lost your star player and have to replace him with a crock on a pay-as-you-go deal whilst your neighbours are spending cash KLF-style.

Are we seeing the beginning of the end for his empire?

No you are just a hopeful Man City fan.

Will be stunned if Citeh finish in the top 4.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
mariner91
July 26, 2009, 4:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Can't see this being the end of his empire to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
kingofthekippers
July 26, 2009, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91
Can't see this being the end of his empire to be honest.

I never said this was the end of his empire, just the beginning of the end. History has shown all empire's eventually collapse and usually at their own hand.

United have sold their star player for £80m and invested precisely £0 in replacing him. A free crock on a pay-as-you-play contract is not what Fergie is used to. £70m a year in interest payments is an enormous sum to pay and I think it's beginning to hit home despite United's enormous turnover.

The telling thing is the level of vitriol Fergie is throwing City's way. City have splashed the cash but have yet to walk the walk - we all know that. However Fergie is doing his best in trying to belittle City. Why? You only expend energy in attacking what you perceive to be a threat, surely?

And what triggered this attack? One advertising poster. Bizarre.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
grimsby pete
July 26, 2009, 9:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
I would not be surprised if city finish above united this season,

Fergie will then retire.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
topuphere666
July 26, 2009, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
city wont finish above utd,

they have only signed 3-4 strikers and barry.

the majority of the team is the same as last season. If they were going to push on players like Terry/ronaldinho/Kaka would all be there, but they had to settle for Santa Cruz and Adebayor.

they will finish around 6th-8th
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
mariner91
July 27, 2009, 4:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from kingofthekippers

I never said this was the end of his empire, just the beginning of the end. History has shown all empire's eventually collapse and usually at their own hand.

United have sold their star player for £80m and invested precisely £0 in replacing him. A free crock on a pay-as-you-play contract is not what Fergie is used to. £70m a year in interest payments is an enormous sum to pay and I think it's beginning to hit home despite United's enormous turnover.

The telling thing is the level of vitriol Fergie is throwing City's way. City have splashed the cash but have yet to walk the walk - we all know that. However Fergie is doing his best in trying to belittle City. Why? You only expend energy in attacking what you perceive to be a threat, surely?

And what triggered this attack? One advertising poster. Bizarre.

Yeah good point. I think Fergie maybe has 2/3 years left in him. I think he would rather fall on his sword than to slowly become less effective though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is Fergie falling for his own chicanery?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.