3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
June 29, 2009, 11:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Anyone got somebody in the family getting uni results today?

G/F's daughter has just got a 2:1 degree in audiology.

She is now a Bsc with honours.First person in their family to go to uni.Girlfriend is grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Number two daughter is off to Sunderland to study law in September,so am going to try and organise visiting when Town are away and Sunderland at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
kamakazebear
June 29, 2009, 1:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
im starting at sheffield in september (if results go my way) so ill be able to visit a few more away games, rotherham, bradford, burton albions only about 45 min train ride away and other games, cant wait
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
LeeGTFC
June 29, 2009, 1:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1
I'm waiting on my first year results, then in Spetember I start my second year. I'm hoping I will get an average of 55 - 60% (2:1?) for the first year which needs to be duplicated in the second year so I am eligible to apply for the 1 year Bsc top-up after.

Luckily the Uni course I am doing was available at The Grimsby Institute, so I can still be a season ticket holder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
immariner
June 30, 2009, 9:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
You have completed one year of uni and don't yet know how the classifications work?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
Green27
June 30, 2009, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from immariner
You have completed one year of uni and don't yet know how the classifications work?

It is Grimsby College.  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
LeeGTFC
June 30, 2009, 11:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1
Quoted from immariner

I don't see how it really is a problem that I've been at Uni for 1 year and don't fully understand the percentage to classification conversion.

At Grimsby College they give you it in a percentage, but do tell us at the beginning of the year how the percentages are classified but I didn't write them down. Maybe I should, but what's the point when the results are given as a percentage.

If I was really, really conscious about my first year results I would have checked up the classifications, however, I know that I am looking at around 55-60% average which is good enough to progress onto year 2. Maybe in year 2 I will be bothered about the classifications, but at the moment it doesn't really bother me if I know or not. Knowing the percentage is good enough, for now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
Chrisblor
June 30, 2009, 11:59am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 243
I found out I got a 2:1 this morning. Good stuff

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
BIGChris
June 30, 2009, 12:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Chrisblor
I found out I got a 2:1 this morning. Good stuff

In what subject young man?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
Chrisblor
June 30, 2009, 2:53pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 243
Economics

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
ginnywings
June 30, 2009, 5:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from LeeGTFC

I don't see how it really is a problem that I've been at Uni for 1 year and don't fully understand the percentage to classification conversion.

At Grimsby College they give you it in a percentage, but do tell us at the beginning of the year how the percentages are classified but I didn't write them down. Maybe I should, but what's the point when the results are given as a percentage.

If I was really, really conscious about my first year results I would have checked up the classifications, however, I know that I am looking at around 55-60% average which is good enough to progress onto year 2. Maybe in year 2 I will be bothered about the classifications, but at the moment it doesn't really bother me if I know or not. Knowing the percentage is good enough, for now.

G/F's daughter got a 61% average which gave her a 2:1 if that helps.

Well done to Chrisblor too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Uni results

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.