GrimPol
April 18, 2024, 8:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -772
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

He's steered us away from relegation when everyone thought we was doomed with a squad of idiots that don't know there behind from the elbow. Artell has said numerous times that Joe was in charge of recruitment and bringing him the players. Artell has final say on the players and who he wants but Joe does most the work as that's his job... it's another stick people want to beat Artell with that the January signings wasn't his... well in the summer it's common knowledge that Hurst went against Joe and look what happened. We've been left with this shower of shite, Artell still has final say over everything at the football club as that's his job and if things go wrong then it's his job on the line, so the rumours that players forced the tactic on him or the signings weren't his are just well and truly false.

Steered has the sound of Finesse about it I would say Lurched, and we are still not safe. And if we do go down due to GD then we know who squandered GD  by the humiliating tonks we received with his new improved tactics.
Can you send a link of where actualy DA says he's in charge of recruitment, I missed that bit, and it would genuinely put a stop to online wrongs wouldn't it?
And when you say "common knowledge that Hurst went against Joe" is that common hearsay or written down somewhere? Again a Link would be useful.a
Lastly, if they had to have a meeting to sort out why we were being thrashed, using DA's tactics and then changed DA's tactics, and weren't thrashed anymore, then what's it say about DA? How well does he read players?
DA was the wrong manager at the wrong time, but hopefully, he's learnt his lessons this season and next season will propel the Mighty Mariners to the dizzying heights of 18th position in League 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
DB
April 18, 2024, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
When PH took over we were relegated, but as many said it wasn't his players although he signed some in the January. The following season we got promoted.

DA took over and we were not quite in freefall but were trying hard to do it. He signed some players in January and have scraped to stay in the league by the skin of our teeth.

Hopefully, next season will be a promotion push, akin to Crewe this year.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
LocalLadGTFC
April 18, 2024, 9:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from GrimPol

Steered has the sound of Finesse about it I would say Lurched, and we are still not safe. And if we do go down due to GD then we know who squandered GD  by the humiliating tonks we received with his new improved tactics.
Can you send a link of where actualy DA says he's in charge of recruitment, I missed that bit, and it would genuinely put a stop to online wrongs wouldn't it?
And when you say "common knowledge that Hurst went against Joe" is that common hearsay or written down somewhere? Again a Link would be useful.a
Lastly, if they had to have a meeting to sort out why we were being thrashed, using DA's tactics and then changed DA's tactics, and weren't thrashed anymore, then what's it say about DA? How well does he read players?
DA was the wrong manager at the wrong time, but hopefully, he's learnt his lessons this season and next season will propel the Mighty Mariners to the dizzying heights of 18th position in League 1

On the DN35 podcast with Artell he talks about the recruitment and how it works with him and Joe. If you go to the episode with Jason then that has the information about how Hurst and how the summers recruitment played out 👍
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 66
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 18, 2024, 9:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
So, there's possibly a chink of light in the carnage of this season in these last few posts..

If Hurst went against 'Joe' and brought in the likes of Eisa and some of the other architects of our mediocrity but Artell works with him and that brings in the likes of Tharme and Thompson I am much more optimistic that we can get better players and improve next season.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
GrimPol
April 18, 2024, 9:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -772
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

On the DN35 podcast with Artell he talks about the recruitment and how it works with him and Joe. If you go to the episode with Jason then that has the information about how Hurst and how the summers recruitment played out 👍

A lot to go through, I'll get back before the new season starts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
CSLM
April 18, 2024, 2:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
[quote=872]

Well without Sutton inexplicably winning 4 in a row this would’ve been wrapped up weeks ago, works both ways.

I don’t think you can attribute it to ‘luck’ when all teams play the same teams twice, I don’t buy into ‘tough run ins’ being bad luck either. Sutton & FGR have had to play the top sides at the end which just demonstrates just how excrement they’ve been all season, they both deserve to go down.

We’ll end up being the 3rd or 4th worst side in the league this year and wherever we finish, we’ve deserved it.

Yep totally agree with that. I was thinking the same a few weeks ago when they all had the big boys to play. Shows that they were probably even worse than their ppg at the time.

Also keep noticing plenty of people talking about how Swindon are totally out of form. They've won 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5. I don't think it will be an easy victory at all.
I'd be surprised if Sutton get 6 points and I can see us getting at least 1, hopefully.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
RonMariner
April 18, 2024, 11:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,784
Gold Stars: 226
The good news is that Crawley really need to pick up points if they are to make the play offs, so will be giving it a real good go at Sutton. Let's hope they get at least a draw, which is all we need to stay up.

It will take both a Sutton and a Swindon win to take it to the last weekend. We are still masters of our own fate but the players need to step up and earn our survival because it may not be gifted to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.