Mikey_345
April 14, 2024, 3:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,514
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Heisenberg

The BBC had our formation as 3-4-1-2 yesterday. Not sure if that’s accurate, but I’ve always wanted us to play that way. If DA were to use that formation for the last 3 games, I’d definitely be trying Glennon out there on the left of the 4 to see how it goes. I still see Vernam as someone who could play that No.10 role.

Mind you, I think DA has made his mind up about quite a few players, Glennon being one of them.

Think you maybe right, which is a shame imo. I remember when he came back into the side after a personal issue and got two motm performances back to back. He gives us so much going forward but has probably been affected more than most with our collective inability to defend - coupled with him struggling this year. Which is surprising as he’s been ok defensively in other seasons.

Hes the sort of player that if you’re decent enough defensively elsewhere you can carry to some extent for what he gives you on the ball (maybe to a lessor extent abit like Trent AA at Liverpool)

There was one interview where DA said he could be as good as he wanted to be. I’d still prefer him, especially in this system, over Hume.

If DA wants to play a possession game I don’t think there’s many LB’s better in this league on the ball and he could maybe do a job further up aswell. I’m aware I maybe in a minority but sometimes you just warm to players and Glennon is mine 😂

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
Grantham_Mariner
April 14, 2024, 3:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,199
Gold Stars: 51
When we pick up the point we need against Colchester on Tuesday lets see what team DA picks for the remaining two games. Might get an indication of who he will keep and how we will set up.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 55
sonofmadeleymariner
April 14, 2024, 4:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
UNDER CONTRACT

Retain for next season

5 Harvey Rodgers
6 Curtis Thompson
10 Charles Vernam (I'm half in the let-go, because he's always crocked and keep, because he does have the ability to change games)
24 Doug Tharme
28 Toby Mullarkey
30 Evan Khouri
32 Danny Rose
35 Cameron Gardner

Transfer List/let go on a free/pay-off

9 Rekeil Pyke
25 Donovan Wilson
29 Alex Hunt
12 Jake Eastwood
4 Kieran Green

OUT OF CONTRACT

Offer new deal
16 Callum Ainley (Give him a 1 year deal I'd like to see if Artell can get anything out of him)
34 Aaron Braithwaite (Give 1 year deal still a young footballer with plenty of time to grow)
37 Harvey Tomlinson (Give 1 year deal still a young footballer with plenty of time to grow)
38 Jamie Bramwell (Give 1 year deal still a young footballer with plenty of time to grow)

Release

3 Anthony Glennon
7 Abo Eisa
8 Gavan Holohan (I would consider bringing him back for 1 more season if in more of a limited/off-the-bench role)
11 Otis Khan
14 Arthur Gnahoua
15 Harry Clifton
22 Danny Amos
33 Denver Hume
31 Niall Maher
39 Edwin Essel

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 14, 2024, 5:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
UNDER CONTRACT

Retain for next season

5 Harvey Rodgers
6 Curtis Thompson
10 Charles Vernam (I'm half in the let-go, because he's always crocked and keep, because he does have the ability to change games)
24 Doug Tharme
28 Toby Mullarkey
30 Evan Khouri
32 Danny Rose
35 Cameron Gardner

Transfer List/let go on a free/pay-off

9 Rekeil Pyke
25 Donovan Wilson
29 Alex Hunt
12 Jake Eastwood
4 Kieran Green

OUT OF CONTRACT

Offer new deal
16 Callum Ainley (Give him a 1 year deal I'd like to see if Artell can get anything out of him)
34 Aaron Braithwaite (Give 1 year deal still a young footballer with plenty of time to grow)
37 Harvey Tomlinson (Give 1 year deal still a young footballer with plenty of time to grow)
38 Jamie Bramwell (Give 1 year deal still a young footballer with plenty of time to grow)

Release

3 Anthony Glennon
7 Abo Eisa
8 Gavan Holohan (I would consider bringing him back for 1 more season if in more of a limited/off-the-bench role)
11 Otis Khan
14 Arthur Gnahoua
15 Harry Clifton
22 Danny Amos
33 Denver Hume
31 Niall Maher
39 Edwin Essel

I think Gav now has a coaching qualification so I suspect this might be the season when he looks to pursue that path somewhere. He’s a top bloke but nothing this season tells me he’s L2 standard any longer.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 55
Grimsby69
April 14, 2024, 6:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +11
The problem with not offering Clifton a contract for next season would mean we would not be able loan one of the youngsters out as you have to name a player in the 18 that has come from youth academy.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
Grimsby69
April 14, 2024, 6:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +11
or only have 6 on the bench
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 55
LocalLadGTFC
April 14, 2024, 6:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Grimsby69
The problem with not offering Clifton a contract for next season would mean we would not be able loan one of the youngsters out as you have to name a player in the 18 that has come from youth academy.  

I imagine Gardner will be in and around the squad next season, he's physically capable of mens football and technically very good aswell.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 55
Mikey_345
April 14, 2024, 6:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,514
Gold Stars: 107

Saw something the other day, it might have been here, that if you look at his career this is abit of a myth.

In terms of Harry, I think one bad season doesn’t define his career. We’d have thought we were mental if we’d had this discussion last summer. Think he’s suffered more than most with the team struggling been a local lad.

Give him a new deal and be confident he’ll regain some form. As well as that though his versatility gives you the flexibility to save a wage elsewhere perhaps. He can arguably do a job in 5 different positions. Don’t think he’s ever let us down where ever he’s played, just not reached the levels he has before

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
acko338
April 14, 2024, 6:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Glennon is good at the attacking side of the game, but has been really exposed by quick wingers for pace or if he dives into challenges and doesn't get the ball.

Would he be able to do a left sided midfield / winger role instead? Can still track back if needed, but his assets are more going forward, combined with free kick deliveries.

If totally safe, is it worth a trial?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 14, 2024, 6:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from acko338
Glennon is good at the attacking side of the game, but has been really exposed by quick wingers for pace or if he dives into challenges and doesn't get the ball.

Would he be able to do a left sided midfield / winger role instead? Can still track back if needed, but his assets are more going forward, combined with free kick deliveries.

If totally safe, is it worth a trial?

Whatever you say about his defending we’ve missed his dead ball delivery

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Squad for next season

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.