Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New TV Deal
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

New TV Deal

This thread currently has 3,512 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
April 13, 2024, 5:16pm
Guest User
Is it only £300000 a season? I didn’t know that. FFS.
Reply: 10 - 25
Mappers
April 13, 2024, 5:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,400
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from 140381
Is it only £300000 a season? I didn’t know that. FFS.

No mate I think it's 300k 'extra' on top of whatever we got before but I'm not even sure what that is ?

I just don't think it's this great deal they are making out .

I suppose it's gauranteed income but the variable of impact on attendances is yet to be established - say if we go from averaging 6300 to 5500 because of less fans turning up both  home and from away (i know teams don't bring many ) then that money won't even be a revenue increase will it . We will see next season , at least I can 100% say that now .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Grantham_Mariner
April 13, 2024, 9:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,199
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Mappers

No mate I think it's 300k 'extra' on top of whatever we got before but I'm not even sure what that is ?

I just don't think it's this great deal they are making out .

I suppose it's gauranteed income but the variable of impact on attendances is yet to be established - say if we go from averaging 6300 to 5500 because of less fans turning up both  home and from away (i know teams don't bring many ) then that money won't even be a revenue increase will it . We will see next season , at least I can 100% say that now .

300K extra is just over £13,000 per home game.  At say £20 a ticket if we lose less than 650 off gates we gain.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
louth_in_the_south
April 14, 2024, 5:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
Reading this thread and realising the amount of games we might have on tv , the extra revenue and the potential for smaller home  crowds on televised games makes me think we need the modern digital advertising boards to maximise sponsorship revenue?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
HertsGTFC
April 14, 2024, 6:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Extra revenue = bigger player salaries, agents will have been tapping into their calculators the minute it was announced.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
grimps
April 14, 2024, 9:02am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Extra revenue = bigger player salaries, agents will have been tapping into their calculators the minute it was announced.

Yeah they could give each club a billion and it would go straight in players and agents pockets .
That’s the problem with the game at our level , none of the money stays in the game or at the clubs .
The league needs to agree to a salary cap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
diehardmariner
April 14, 2024, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
The TV deal itself and the value is irrelevant. Everyone's getting it so there's no absolutely no advantage in it.

However, the impact on gates could be either an impact or a concern.

If we manage to hold onto our gates as others drop off, especially those with the larger gates, we could be at a competitive advantage for once. The lack of interest we usually get could well be in our favour here.

I presume there's no match day fees for games televised now? It used to be something like £30k for each home game that was televised.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
GollyGTFC
April 14, 2024, 2:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,037
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Reading this thread and realising the amount of games we might have on tv , the extra revenue and the potential for smaller home  crowds on televised games makes me think we need the modern digital advertising boards to maximise sponsorship revenue?

Let's be honest though, every game is available this season in the UK one way or another. Either by stealing it (dodgy stick) or using a VPN and paying for it.

The one real change is that we'll probably have around 6 Saturday lunchtime kick-offs over the season. But season tickets will be sold before the fixtures are released.

If the new deal does have an effect I think it will be felt more in 2025/26 season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 25
Grantham_Mariner
April 15, 2024, 4:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,199
Gold Stars: 51
So no "Mariners TV" next season for domestic viewers.

So you will have to watch through NOW TV if you are not a Sky Sports Subscriber already.

It could work out cheaper for some....

24hrs costs £11.99 - £1.99p more than "Mariners TV"

But at the moment it is only £26 for a month, so if you are going to watch 3 games or more in a month it works out cheaper.

That applies for every game that does not kick of on Saturdays at 15.00 (International Breakes excluded).

If you are out of the country on Saturdays I presume that you will still be able to streem 3pm games on "Mariners TV"

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Mayaman
April 15, 2024, 5:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
So no "Mariners TV" next season for domestic viewers.

So you will have to watch through NOW TV if you are not a Sky Sports Subscriber already.

It could work out cheaper for some....

24hrs costs £11.99 - £1.99p more than "Mariners TV"

But at the moment it is only £26 for a month, so if you are going to watch 3 games or more in a month it works out cheaper.

That applies for every game that does not kick of on Saturdays at 15.00 (International Breakes excluded).

If you are out of the country on Saturdays I presume that you will still be able to streem 3pm games on "Mariners TV"

As an exile, I'm hoping I can get to see the games still.  If we only have access to Televised games that will be crap.  I don't have the choice of going to a live game. If I could, I would. Back to reading results online. Even Ceefax was more exciting as you waited for the page to change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New TV Deal

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.