Mappers
April 10, 2024, 3:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,399
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from David Frazer
Wow ! Lincolnshires alledgedly biggest club ( NOT) and the fans who sell out ( NOT) home and away saying there not renewing !

Surely not !

We have just sold just under 5000 early renewals /new tickets for next season ! Mainly at £399/adult price and expect to sell nearly 1200 or so more ,including corprate areas and boxes.

Its clear theres only one team on the up/ going places in lincolnshire ! Ok you may raise up a few places in league2 from where you are now but you dont seem very keen about it.

UTI

THE FUTURES BRIGHT ITS RED AND WHITE

That's about 2500 more than there wasn't every week when you were NL fodder so I'm not sure what your point is - extra fans come out when a club is doing well shocker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Chrisblor
April 10, 2024, 3:46pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,932
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from David Frazer
Wow ! Lincolnshires alledgedly biggest club ( NOT) and the fans who sell out ( NOT) home and away saying there not renewing !

Surely not !

We have just sold just under 5000 early renewals /new tickets for next season ! Mainly at £399/adult price and expect to sell nearly 1200 or so more ,including corprate areas and boxes.

Its clear theres only one team on the up/ going places in lincolnshire ! Ok you may raise up a few places in league2 from where you are now but you dont seem very keen about it.

UTI

someone ban this tedious girl private

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
nealeardleyscrossing
April 10, 2024, 3:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Mappers

That's about 2500 more than there wasn't every week when you were NL fodder so I'm not sure what your point is - extra fans come out when a club is doing well shocker

Whilst I get your point Mappers, I don't think those days will return - We've captured those fans, and seem to have kept them - That is how you grow a fanbase, Yes football, but matchday experience, stadium and also the City will help. The Cowleys clearly started it, but it has been built on.

It has to be done over a period of time, but the Club is growing almost as fast as the City - I think we have sold so many because their is a possibility, albeit a slim one that it could be a very cheap season ticket in the Championship.

Clearly you are well supported, especially with how poor it has been for you for a number of years, but I am not convinced it will get better for you until you have a clear plan - Artell was an odd move, safe, but uninspiring, I don't see how he grows your club.

I think you have to see yourself, as a club, as a stepping stone for players and also for managers - I am not sure your fanbase accept that - We could easily lose our manager and 2-3 players, but I am confident replacements will already have been sought.

I think our keeper will go for big money, but apparently we already have a replacement lined up - At our level, it is how you have to work.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Zmariner
April 10, 2024, 4:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from David Frazer

Surely not !

UTI

You need to spend less time on here and get yourself to an English language class. If my kids were at your level, I would be really disappointed. Just a bit of friendly advice as I don’t want you to embarrass yourself when you are not amongst friends…….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
ginnywings
April 10, 2024, 4:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Whilst I get your point Mappers, I don't think those days will return - We've captured those fans, and seem to have kept them - That is how you grow a fanbase, Yes football, but matchday experience, stadium and also the City will help. The Cowleys clearly started it, but it has been built on.

It has to be done over a period of time, but the Club is growing almost as fast as the City - I think we have sold so many because their is a possibility, albeit a slim one that it could be a very cheap season ticket in the Championship.

Clearly you are well supported, especially with how poor it has been for you for a number of years, but I am not convinced it will get better for you until you have a clear plan - Artell was an odd move, safe, but uninspiring, I don't see how he grows your club.

I think you have to see yourself, as a club, as a stepping stone for players and also for managers - I am not sure your fanbase accept that - We could easily lose our manager and 2-3 players, but I am confident replacements will already have been sought.

I think our keeper will go for big money, but apparently we already have a replacement lined up - At our level, it is how you have to work.

I think we do have a plan, but PH scuppered it by the looks of it, and it seems he wasn't on board with our recruitment policy, from the noises coming out of the club.

The Conteh signing and sale shows what we need to be doing more of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
diehardmariner
April 10, 2024, 5:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539

I'd give my right arm to be in your position now, but the problem with doing well is that you're there to be picked at.  Your players are attracting interest, rightly so too.  I dare say the head coach is getting more than a few admiring glances as well.  That might generate you loads of income.  But there's never a guarantee you'll replace what you've lost, never mind improve it.

We've seen that as recently as last summer.  We had a windfall and we drunk it up the wall.  2016 we had a windfall from the sale of Bogle, drunk it up the wall. Ginny's point about Hurst buggering up the plan highlights how it can go wrong, very quickly and is very difficult to claw back.

Football is cyclical, you're riding the crest of the wave but I don't think that wave will last forever.  You're absolutely punching above your weight at the minute and bloody hats of to you for it!  Local rivalry aside I'd rather see a side doing that than some mega moneybags team loaded up to the eyeballs with parachute payments achieving.  

You've not had your acid test yet with regards keeping hold of those fans, you're only 7 or 8 years removed from struggling to get enough people in your ground to fill a single stand.  One really bad season and we'll see how it goes.  What happens if you get picked off in the summer and the recruitment is horrendous?  Do those fans stay with you?  No-one knows and only time will tell.

As a side note - is there any chance there's some sort of education you can put on for your 'newer' fans?  Seeing your ground referred to as 'The LNER' is absolutely horrific.  It's Sincil Bank, Sincil male masturbation if we're throwing crappy insults and that's it.  We've got intercourse all to crow about at the minute but I honestly think I would chuck my lot in if our fans started calling Blundell Park 'The Stagecoach' or 'The Anglian Water'.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Mappers
April 10, 2024, 5:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Approval: +4,399
Gold Stars: 119

I never disagree with most of what you put , it's always an intetesting well thought out and balanced read which i enjoy. It's that other blokes weird goading of us I find strange .

I think we do have a plan in terms of wanting to player trade our way to success/sustainability and selling Conteh was a good start with getting a relatively decent fee /sell on . Whether we can implement it consistently time will tell i guess .

I agree on Artell but if he stay up he will be given a chance to fully build his own squad , and I guess then we will find out if he can really move us forward with 'a model ' that's not a fully functional one yet by any means in the mould of which he had at Crewe .

No I doubt you will ever drop to those numbers again - Lincoln & Donny seem the 2 in form teams of late and if either /both make it to the play-offs the momentum could get them through you would have thought .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
mariner91
April 10, 2024, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262

Is that true though? You've definitely increased the attendances from sometimes having less than 2000 home fans in the NL. However, you're currently on your best run of form virtually in living memory at a level of the football pyramid you've not been at for nearly four decades before this current stint and you've still had less than 7000 home fans at two of your last five home games. That includes a home game on the back of a thumping 5-1 win away at a team sat in the play offs and you still followed it up with less than 7000 home fans. You've conceded roughly half the number of goals at home all season that we conceded at home in January and have only lost four home games. Yet it's only the last two games where the home end has sold out. Hardly champing at the bit or fighting to get in are they?

The new fans have known nothing but success or at worst L1 midtable mediocrity. Will they stick around when you inevitably have a  shite season? If it takes getting in to the play off picture and a 16 match unbeaten run to fill your home end then I'd suggest they're not going to be attending when you have a poor season.

Not taking anything away from how well run your club is, there's clearly a plan that is working and I'm envious that you've got some seriously saleable assets which will help too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
moosey_club
April 10, 2024, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,288
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from David Frazer

Surely not !

UTI

Wish I could convincingly argue against that.........

The only crumb of argument I can offer is that a large proportion of our demographic, anyone 40 plus, are used to sitting divisions above the likes of your club (or 2nd club? ) for half of their lives and its soul destroying watching us fall and fail to capitalise on opportunities to return to the old status quo...even the last couple of seasons of light at the end of the tunnel have turned out to be an oncoming train.
Pre match last night in Harrogate our chatter turned to Ivano Bonetti...we regailed the youngsters with his story, effect and ability....20 mins later we were watching 10 players who between them would struggle to trap a bag of cement.

Enjoy your moment...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2024, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
[quote=289]This maybe an unpopular opinion but hear me out - a few less season tickets maybe a good thing in one respect.

Less season ticket = less income? Not what we need when the squad is so poor, I get what you mean though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Season tickets 24/25

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.