wuffing
April 10, 2024, 12:19am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +840
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from trickeymickey

Look on the bright side.  The Alex are struggling to get a side out.  10 injured last week and a red card tonight.
I think you will just scrape through.  Best of luck - you dont want to go down again.

Yes but you still won!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
barralad
April 10, 2024, 12:28am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from thornemariner

Agree with everything you say Barra. Enjoyed your company tonight.

Likewise mate.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
arryarryarry
April 10, 2024, 3:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club
Biggest influence on that result was Artell. Overly defensive set up with no guile at all wasted a great opportunity to grab safety with a win.
Obikwu absolutely awful, sorry but he just was, how the hell he avoided the hook for so long before he finally went off I don't know...Artell's choice though.
Despite watching them all season I was still somehow shocked tonight by how poor the majority of the squad is.
Artells choice of starting 11 restricted us massively, hesitation in changing it up gave the subs little chance.

Crap all round.

Completely agree, watching that it's my opinion that most of the squad and the manager should be gone whichever League we are in.

Poor players and poor managerial decisions cost us any points from that game.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
arryarryarry
April 10, 2024, 3:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from bawarmy
I think if we look at where we are and what’s left people might calm down a little. Sutton need to win at least 2 games. Forest Green need to beat Wrexham away to stay in in the competition and that’s if we get no more points.
It could be worse but I don’t think our team could be.

You are missing the point, if we go down this shower of crap would likely take us the way Scunthorpe went, if we stay up then all I can see is another struggle unless most of them are sent packing.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
chaos33
April 10, 2024, 6:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Just watched the disallowed goal back half a dozen times. Can someone please put me straight on why it was disallowed because I can’t see anything wrong with it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
Abdul19
April 10, 2024, 7:05am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Tweet 1777784982284403094 will appear here...

Looks off from this angle

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
1mickylyons
April 10, 2024, 7:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
It was offside so we can't blame the lino.We carry zero attacking threat and the subs border on the ridiculous.Obikwu and Holohan should have been hooked at HT and how Vernam doesn't start defies  belief.No point going OTT we've seen it all before this season but that was very much a winnable game chucked away.I feel for the travelling fans they got short changed AGAIN
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
chipsandgravy
April 10, 2024, 7:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
Artell and his team's fault that last night. Said before game that I was disappointed with the line-up. Reverted back to type. Obikwu regularly gets bullied out of games and did last night how on earth he lasted as long as he did I will never know. We put out a team again with zero attacking intent and got what we deserved. We will look back at the season on our goals conceded personally I will look at the easy chances Holohan has missed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
barrattstandman
April 10, 2024, 8:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +482
Gold Stars: 17
Horses for courses . Have we ever beaten Harrogate since they came into the league ? But thats just an excue for the crap on offer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
lukeo
April 10, 2024, 8:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,390
Gold Stars: 149
On a positive note they're just outside the play offs and although we was excrement for the very large majority of the game they weren't much better. Apart from a handful of teams the rest are fairly similar so with a handful of quality additions we could easily be just outside the play offs if not inside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back on the Bus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.