3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
devs
April 7, 2024, 11:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Thompson performance yesterday was as good as I've seen from a GTFC midfielder in a long time
Not only is he a terrier but has great quality on the ball and is a leader
Just what we need..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
diehardmariner
April 7, 2024, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,651
Gold Stars: 539
It's the recruitment of Thompson and Tharme that gives me hope for next season under Artell.

January is always a hard time to improve your squad, it's more about topping things up than anything. But they've dramatically improved the spine of the team.

Very eager to see how they play with better players around them.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
neverapen
April 7, 2024, 11:30am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +126
Gold Stars: 1
Both Conteh and Thompson have been fantastic players for us, but I think the experience of Thompson is what the squad needs more at the moment, he brings a grit and determination that is infectious and other players can learn a lot from him. Also thought it was great how he was encouraging the fans to get behind the boys and make some noise to get them over the line. It’s something we definitely missed earlier in the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
RonMariner
April 7, 2024, 11:38am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,781
Gold Stars: 226
I think Thomson Tharme Vernam and Rose are the players to build the team around. We will have to bring in players of similar quality but it’s a good base to start from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Davec
April 7, 2024, 12:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I do lime Tharme aswell, I think he lacks pace so can get turned by a quick striker fairly easily but overall he seems to be a solid and dependable centre back, Thompson you can tell at a higher level, gets stuck in and generally protects the ball well, he has improved our midfield without doubt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
NorthseaMariner
April 7, 2024, 12:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Do you think Hunt would fit in better with Thompson behind him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
RonMariner
April 7, 2024, 2:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,781
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Do you think Hunt would fit in better with Thompson behind him?

Certainly worth a try given the performances Hunt would appear to be putting in for York recently. You need a blend in midfield. In the Buckley teams we had the likes of Cunnington and Cockerill providing the solid core.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
jamesgtfc
April 7, 2024, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,030
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
It's the recruitment of Thompson and Tharme that gives me hope for next season under Artell.

January is always a hard time to improve your squad, it's more about topping things up than anything. But they've dramatically improved the spine of the team.

Very eager to see how they play with better players around them.

This isn't a post discrediting Artell, but most of our January recruitment commented how we had been tracking them for some time, so it seems like Artell may have trusted Joe Hutchinson more than Hurst did.

We do need to do a lot of business this summer, so there is a lot of pressure on our recruitment because we can't be in this mess again in 12 months time.

Whilst they are under contract for next season, if we can retain Tharme, Thompson and Rose over the summer, we have a very strong spine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
LocalLadGTFC
April 7, 2024, 2:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Excellent player and has been fantastic for town.

Can't quite remember his contract? Did we sign him? I know he has played at a few levels above (and it shows) but ultimately he must only be here to get his fitness back up and to put himself in the shop window? I have no problem with this. He has probably kept this club playing league football next year. We are better for having him here.

We got there a bit early yesterday and whilst eating our chippy at the main entrance, he was talking with someone who I could only assume was a friend that had come along. Was earwigging on the convo and he was saying how much he's enjoyed being here and that he has his love for football back. I see someone put on a thread the other day linking to an article he did saying how he'd fallen out of love with football.. I would too playing for Cheltenham but he's been a signing that has probably saved our season and kept us up.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 27
golfer
April 8, 2024, 3:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Fette Schlange
Nick Rizo

For those who can't remember him - "Futbolista Australiano"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Curtis Thompson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.