11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
AndyGTFC
April 1, 2024, 3:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Could be a massive two points dropped there, especially with the way the 3pm games have started.

Can't fault the effort but we're excrement aren't we, Bradford were rubbish and only turned up for 10 minutes at the end but they created just as much in that time than we did during the first 80 minutes. Just don't have enough quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 103
Sir Matt Tease
April 1, 2024, 3:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
In all of my 55 yrs of watching the Mariners I don't think I have ever seen a team relinquish more points against crap opposition than this one !

If we are to be relegated,(again), it will be our own fault, not refereeing decisions or any other outside influences, we are just not good enough.

Bradford like many others this season were total crap and should have been dispatched with ease, its down to us that we failed to do so.

Sooooooo frustrated today !!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 103
hampshiremariner
April 1, 2024, 3:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
FGT three up after 28 mins! The writing seems to be in the wall. One of the most depressing seasons I can remember. Always the fall guys. No more emotional and nervous energy available in my body.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 103
Hagrid
April 1, 2024, 3:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,479
Gold Stars: 536
Wonder if we’ll be accused of revelling in dropped points or having it in for Artell by a poster on here as it was on Friday

This really feels like the beginning of the end. The 3PM games are going as bad as it could possibly be

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 103
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 3:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Got in the car feeling we were really unlucky got out of the car just knowing the players we now have aren’t good enough to keep us in this league.

Combined Hurst undid his great work in the previous 2 seasons over the summer & and Artell’s “principles” will finish the job.

Regardless of where we finish Artell must go, if what feels inevitable happens we’ll need someone who understands the NL.

Despite what feels like a defeat a word for Thompson & Andrews who I thought did really well.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 103
April 1, 2024, 3:47pm
Guest User
There are so many parallels with the lockdown relegation.

We’re done. And we deserve to go.
Reply: 15 - 103
Mariner_501
April 1, 2024, 3:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +224
Gold Stars: 28
We are totally screwed (again!) Anything Hurst has achieved has been wiped away for me. Twice he’s been involved in relegating us and Artell has to be up there as one of the worst managers we’ve ever had
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 103
RonMariner
April 1, 2024, 3:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,780
Gold Stars: 226
If we do go down, which seems likely, I hope the board don't make the same mistake the old board did in 2010, i.e. keeping a manger who was clearly not up to. Woods lead us to 11th place in the NL.

We need a top to bottom clear out of players, coaches, and manager, even if by some miracle we stay up. Because the current set up is not fit for purpose. We are shockingly bad. We need to rip it up and start afresh.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 103
MaccasBoots
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Hagrid
Wonder if we’ll be accused of revelling in dropped points or having it in for Artell by a poster on here as it was on Friday

This really feels like the beginning of the end. The 3PM games are going as bad as it could possibly be

Certainly seems that way when the first thing you do after the whistle blows is come on here and start whinging about Artell 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 103
It Bites
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,248
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from hampshiremariner
FGT three up after 28 mins! The writing seems to be in the wall. One of the most depressing seasons I can remember. Always the fall guys. No more emotional and nervous energy available in my body.

I’m with you mate . I used to feel sick to the stomach but now it’s just par for the course . I’m just astounded that we let all the buzz from the previous 2 seasons just evaporate so fast . It’s now sadly obvious that Artell was the wrong choice and it’s also sadly obvious that he should of been sacked . The owners and The Grimsby Way bs was always going to come back and haunt them and it has in bucket fulls
I appreciate the mess fenty left the club in but the playing side has just remained the same  and because of that we are going from having one of the worst grounds in the EFL to having one of the better grounds in non league ,
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.