Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just for once.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just for once.

This thread currently has 3,251 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 29, 2024, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Wouldn’t it be great if we could be a settled part of the EFL. Continuous incremental improvement, improving facilities, a bit of the old ‘punching above our weight’, a manager who doesn’t sound like a politician crossed with a second hand car salesman. The only constant is the 5000 plus loyal fans chucking good money after bad, following yet another cobbled together set of journeymen who are robbing us blind.

I have no idea what happened to the FA Cup money nor have I the right to know but, if it was all spent on this shower , then it was well and truly wasted. Four wins under Hurst, four under Artell. Even the manager seems to be wanting to prove that the summer window was wasted.

I know we’ve just lost to two top teams but we haven’t just lost, we’ve given them away.
Private Message
grimps
March 29, 2024, 6:13pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
I’m not sure what we have done to deserve this ?
I’ve had toe last  20 odd years of misery watching Town , being honest even the two Hurst promotion seasons were terrible barring the play offs .
Why us ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
Northbank Mariner
March 29, 2024, 6:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,528
Gold Stars: 172
I've just said on twitter, the club just wreaks of failure and we can't shake it off.
New owners, great cup run, highest league position in 12 years, yet we still smell of rotten cod heads.
I'm now of the opinion we need a complete reboot, get out of cheapside, completely loose all the backroom staff on the football side (including D.Moore unfortunately) and get a manager in with some charisma, allow him to build from a new base, its the only hope we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
lukeo
March 29, 2024, 6:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
It's bizarre because I've got so many singular amazing memories but soooooo many negative excrement and relegations
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
GibMariner
March 29, 2024, 7:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -962
Gold Stars: 21
Or get back to basics
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 30, 2024, 8:51am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +880
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I've just said on twitter, the club just wreaks of failure and we can't shake it off.
New owners, great cup run, highest league position in 12 years, yet we still smell of rotten cod heads.
I'm now of the opinion we need a complete reboot, get out of cheapside, completely loose all the backroom staff on the football side (including D.Moore unfortunately) and get a manager in with some charisma, allow him to build from a new base, its the only hope we have.

And who is going to fund that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
chaos33
March 30, 2024, 8:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,970
Gold Stars: 360
It’s a curious, if not wacky solution to our problems that involves abandoning our training facilities and dismissing our physio!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
Maringer
March 30, 2024, 9:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,624
Gold Stars: 185
I'm not interested in managers with charisma. Charisma doesn't win games. Newell, Holloway and many other failures have been charismatic. Our most successful manager of recent decades was charisma-free. I just want a good manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
GibMariner
March 30, 2024, 10:01am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -962
Gold Stars: 21

And who is going to fund that?

The guys who paid off other decent hard working staff who knew their respective roles very well indeed.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
March 30, 2024, 10:10am
Guest User
I think it’s absolutely clear that all this is Dave Moore’s fault.

Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just for once.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.