This thread currently has 7,661 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
December 27, 2023, 9:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,557
Gold Stars: 174
We’ve just been so unfortunate to have been owned by a complete moron for nearly 20 years at the time we had been. We’ve dropped from a position that now we’d have to have near oil-state ownership levels of cash to be able to hold regularly. We’ve missed the boat on relocation due to high costs of materials.

The stadium will put a lot of floaters off week to week because at 80% of grounds now you would have better facilities in all areas of the ground. There’s a higher standard expected now. As much as - and this is a generalisation - exiles find Blundell Park comforting it really is a excrement ground by 2020s standards. If we were coming here away we’d absolutely take the urine out of it. I find the board’s stance on relocation frustrating - alright we don’t fill it but you’d change your pants if you slipped a wet one out wouldn’t you even if you hadn’t filled them? I appreciate it’s really not a great time to be trying to get a new stadium but it does seem very final that it’s not being considered at all. The training ground is in progress and seems to be getting close going off the recent fans forum which is a positive.

The playing side of things is difficult. The hangover from the unprofessional former ownership might take 5-10yrs to ease. It’s not an attractive place to come and live for a young man of say 25 (as nice as the Waltham and the Wolds etc are). There’s only so many players of L2 standard who live in W, S and E Yorks, the East Mids and Lincs who can commute in. The YT having a bit of success in the YFA Cup is good and should they get through again it only increases the stock of the set up in general. A local lad has just made his 250th professional appearance whatever your opinion on him and that is definitely good for the Youth set up too. Well done to the staff involved on both of those counts.

Overall I don’t think we’ll see any real change to our fortunes for another year or two yet. It’s a great shame that the Cup money has had to be used on making sure the ground is usable and misinvested in some poor footballers as it would have accelerated us a bit. I just hope the board can find some new cash investment from somewhere or someone to move it along a bit quicker.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 92
GrimPol
December 27, 2023, 9:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -772
Gold Stars: 76
I believe that the sun shines after the rain
I believe if you don't get hurt you'll never gain
You don't believe - I won't attempt to make you
You are asleep - I won't attempt to wake you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 92
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 27, 2023, 9:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from GrimPol

You are asleep - I won't attempt to wake you

Very cleverly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 92
ska face
December 27, 2023, 10:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
6 wins all season, one of those against Slough, is a really poor return. Nothing even close to a cup run to divert attention away from the league, watching clubs stroll past us up the division, feeling early season optimism, and then new manager optimism dissipate, all takes its toll.

Think some of it is probably over-exposure to it all. I live away from town and have barely got to a game for personal and work reasons for the past couple of seasons, so being engaged online is a way of keeping in touch with the club, friends & the town more generally. It’s great when you win but awful when it’s going badly, it’s hard to just drop it all and ignore it, just log off or whatever. Not helped by people who actively find enjoyment in us losing & constantly negging everyone out. May be different if I could go on a weekly basis & could get my fix by walking 5 mins up Grimsby Road, rather than sitting on here or twitter or listening to podcasts & Humberside shows.

Might just give it all a rest. Take up bonsai or something instead & just watch the highlights on a Saturday night.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 92
Yossarian
December 27, 2023, 10:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,093
Gold Stars: 18
2 amazing seasons.

Its like a marriage - not every day is lollipops and unicorns.

If you want that go and support Man City and be bored sh1teless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 92
MuddyWaters
December 27, 2023, 10:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Honestly can’t believe the negativity on this thread. If you want trophies and medals then GTFC isn’t for you. I’ve been going to BP since 1968, since I was 5. The good, the bad and the truly fuckingawful.

The Fenty years were awful and the legacy continues to influence the future but then, to me, that’s the time to keep the faith. There’s several aspects of the match day experience that make you question your sanity, I get that but I’ve come far too far to give up on my club.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 92
crusty ole pie
December 28, 2023, 12:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,381
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from It Bites
I’m feeling a bit fed up and I’m probably over reacting but I just feel like giving up with Town . I haven’t enjoyed going for a long time , with the odd decent game sprinkled in there . It’s not the Town I grew up knowing and loving even the Mick Lyon’s era was better than the last 20 years . Football/finances etc have changed so much I don’t even know what to expect anymore? I know my posts are often a bit off but I’m just at a loss with how hard it is to assemble a set of players capable of competing in lg2 . As we head towards another possible relegation scrap I was wondering if anyone else felt the same

Ffs
If you go please also leave the fishy too so I don’t have to read your crap
Ps hope your season ticket is near me so that will be one less moaning sodomist ihav3to listen to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 92
Yarborough Vaults
December 28, 2023, 7:29am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Fair bit of catastrophising going on here. We're not even that bad at the moment, historically, as we have sat through far worse.

High points following Town can just be being saved at the last minute, like Jolley v Notts County.
Maybe we'll do similar this season.

As Pink Floyd once sang: Hanging on in quiet desperation is the Grimsby way

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 92
golfer
December 28, 2023, 7:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
I have been bored to tears watching the majority of Town's games since McAtee went. We have nobody in the team with anything like the flair that he brought. Surely there must be some money left in the bank for the transfer window
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 92
golfer
December 28, 2023, 7:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
More excitement lately in doing 2 knits instead of a purl.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 43 years

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.