WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 28, 2023, 12:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from 800

I nearly got a hiding off Town fans at Derby in 1981after being asked how the Rams had got on. I said they had won two one and got called a Derby b*****d  before a Grimsby lad recognised me and saved me from a kicking. Must have been twenty of them.

Back to Stoke and I remember both games that season. Never quite seen anything like it but winning at Port Vale the last day of 1991-92 was more hairy. We went through the home end to get back to the car. Didn't fancy our chances outside and I'd already been hit by a coin.

I went to see Brentford at Port Vale last year and a Bees friend had put on a GTFC hat I'd bought him. He was asked to please take it off by a steward because GY colours weren't liked around there.

I remember that port vale game. Some bright minded steward decided to lead those fans in wheelchairs in front of the away end. So they were caught up in the middle of the vale fans trying to get at us on the terrace.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 31
Teestogreen
June 28, 2023, 7:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from wuffing
Jeez it was mad back then. I remember Preston away when it went off big. Me and my four travelling buddies were suddenly confronted by a big mob coming down the high street. Luckily a pub landlord saw the inevitable and dragged us in his pub and locked the doors. We watched as steam emitted from the enraged Preston mob as they passed the pub looking for Town fans. It was like watching a herd of wilderbeast rampaging through!

I had similar when we (my local team including me) had played at Deepdale - the lads plus me were targeted in somewhere near the Main Street   by some highly fired up lads and attacked us totally unprovoked.
This was midweek and I didn’t run. The attackers went after my team mates that ran. Pheww!

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stoke v Town 91/92

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.