forza ivano
May 30, 2023, 11:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,179
Gold Stars: 265
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fr9s41

well worth 35 minutes of your time. This sounds like a real coup to get him giving some (unpaid) input, advice & knowledge to help 1878 & the Board.
key points for me
long term project for him, which although its unpaid, is something that's already occupying his mind, and sounds like he's 'bought in' to the 1878 values and vision.
likes the idea, and seems like it's a first for him, where the board and the management team have similar values - they're all aligned in being ambitious but realistic
He's independent of the 21st Group but knows and admires their work & people. Has used some of their work in his full time job in the UAE Pro League
Says they are 'disruptors', with some disruptive, out of the box, ideas, having worked in other sports and seen what works there. top quality data scientists , who give loads of good data to work with along with different ideas and perspective.
wants to work on the youth development as he has good strengths there, but also has a global network he can tap into for advice and ideas.
like the way he described it - he's a translator (good way of describing a football consultant, helping 1878 with their lack of knowledge of the football industry), with an independent view, . He's not a fan , so he can take a step back and see the bigger picture. With his contacts and knowledge he can help with injury management and player recruitment etc.

think his ideas and input, along with t new head of recruitment, plus a bigger budget adds up to a potentially very interesting summer transfer window

Logged Online
Private Message
MuddyWaters
May 31, 2023, 7:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Listened with interest as it’s a role I’ve had myself in a business. Every good business needs a critical friend’, the person that challenges your processes and puts fresh ideas in your head.

For me it’s very positive.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
thefish
May 31, 2023, 7:46am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Boo… bring Alex May back  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
aldi_01
May 31, 2023, 7:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Shite…I want a ticket tout, a board member that shouts at fans and a lottery winner…and extreme sports…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
Swansea_Mariner
May 31, 2023, 8:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,450
Gold Stars: 63
Unless he wears a turtleneck, I'm not interested.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
May 31, 2023, 8:27am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Can’t be anything but positive after hearing that. Very shrewd acquisition by the board and bodes so well for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
promotion plaice
May 31, 2023, 8:33am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,063
Gold Stars: 198
Quoted from aldi_01
Shite…I want a ticket tout, a board member that shouts at fans and a lottery winner…and extreme sports

Leisure.... but we know what you mean.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
devs
May 31, 2023, 8:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
Doesn't get you three points on a...

I'll get me coat..

NB: Good news - modern thinking club now after years in Jurassic age
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
diehardmariner
May 31, 2023, 9:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 539
Impressive interview, impressive appointment and impressive outlook.

I did note that very early on he talks about more recent employment which is roughly helping clubs maximise their selling value or identify maximum potential profits for buying parties.  1878 have never hidden from the fact that they're here until someone better  comes along.

I do wonder if this appointment is a nod towards making us as appealing as possible to potential investors/buyers, within that perhaps developing our own USP as part of it.

Either way, it's nothing but encouraging news.  If we've become desirable, profitable, investable etc. that means we've done something right to get there.  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
aldi_01
May 31, 2023, 10:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from promotion plaice

Leisure.... but we know what you mean.

We have been better with extreme sports I reckon…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gareth Jennings interview here

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.