9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 24, 2023, 12:17am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199

Terry Donovan, Republic of Ireland?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 81
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 24, 2023, 12:37am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +848
Gold Stars: 118
Theres a large list of players on the GTFC Wikipedia page of players who have played internationally, and for GTFC, but it doesnt state which ones won an international cap whilst a GTFC player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 81
Abdul19
May 24, 2023, 7:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
Georges Santos played for Cape Verde. 4 caps between 02 and 04, so possibly when he played for us.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 24, 2023, 7:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
Was dean Henderson playing for the under 20s when he was with us

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
May 24, 2023, 9:11am
Guest User
Quoted from promotion plaice

Terry Donovan, Republic of Ireland?

Isn't he the Father of Keeley Donovan who does the weather on Look North?

Reply: 34 - 81
diehardmariner
May 24, 2023, 9:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from 123614

Isn't he the Father of Keeley Donovan who does the weather on Look North?

He is, son of Don who played for us back in the late 50's/early 60's.  He won Irish caps whilst at Everton, before signing for us.

Terry is a great bloke.  Mortgage Advisor these days in Laceby.  By chance I was put him touch with him to sort out my first mortgage 15/16 years ago.  I had absolutely no idea, naive doesn't even cut it.  Terry couldn't have been more helpful and patient.  Would recommend him to anyone.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
diehardmariner
May 24, 2023, 9:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Poojah
Aidan Davison playing for Northern Ireland against Germany in August 97, shortly after signing for Town. It was his third, and last, appearance (though he did still get a few call-ups after that). Davo was a real coup for a third-tier club at the time; first class 'keeper (first time around at least).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AfhuViJSsk

Was listening to his UndrTheCosh interview a few weeks back.  I completely agree with you that he was a coup for Town at the time, my favourite ever Town 'keeper in that first spell (let's not mention the second).  But I didn't realise just how few games he had played before coming here.  Just over a 100 as a 29-year-old, in fact looking at his record this is the only place he managed to really make the No 1 shirt consistently his own.  Perhaps the exception of Colchester where he went as No 1 with the instruction to mentor Dean Gerken to be first choice.

Back to the original point, Peter Handyside got a fair few Under 21 caps for Scotland.  Gary Croft was forever getting called up to the England U-21 squad but I don't think he made an appearance until he moved to Blackburn.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
OddShapedBalls
May 24, 2023, 9:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Lets go back a bit as we have a long history, Joe got a couple of caps for Ireland or Eire as it was then known, around 1977 I think. Sorry I know the OP said "recent" but as he's a true legend it's worth a shout out.

If we're going back a bit..... then there's only one Pat Glover, 7 wales caps back when the national teams only played once in a blue moon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
cannylad65
May 24, 2023, 10:02am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 6
Johnny Scott.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
jamesgtfc
May 24, 2023, 12:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,985
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner

Was listening to his UndrTheCosh interview a few weeks back.  I completely agree with you that he was a coup for Town at the time, my favourite ever Town 'keeper in that first spell (let's not mention the second).  But I didn't realise just how few games he had played before coming here.  Just over a 100 as a 29-year-old, in fact looking at his record this is the only place he managed to really make the No 1 shirt consistently his own.  Perhaps the exception of Colchester where he went as No 1 with the instruction to mentor Dean Gerken to be first choice.

Back to the original point, Peter Handyside got a fair few Under 21 caps for Scotland.  Gary Croft was forever getting called up to the England U-21 squad but I don't think he made an appearance until he moved to Blackburn.

Davison seemed to completely ignore his second spell with us in that UndrTheCosh interview.

Didn't Akheem Rose get called up to the Jamaica U23 setup whilst he was here?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Khan International Call-up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.