Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In other news….
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 81 Guests

In other news….

This thread currently has 3,659 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
May 20, 2023, 11:22am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
This is fast becoming a non-football topic, guys and gals……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
grimps
May 23, 2023, 6:41am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
It wouldn’t surprise me if they pull the plug on the sponsorship now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
GollyGTFC
May 23, 2023, 7:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from grimps
It wouldn’t surprise me if they pull the plug on the sponsorship now

At least we didn’t put all our eggs in one basket by having them sponsor the front of our shirts, the back of our shirts and our shorts.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 17
Mappers
May 23, 2023, 7:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
I don't know much about MyEnergi ,but they did seem to be upscaling in double quick time as a business .
Maybe it was a case of running before they have walked so to speak and they have recognised this and scaled back .

I do agree with about battery powered cars though,hydrogen always seemed more viable to me and with the chargers it's not a re-occuring sale is it ; unless like phone chargers etc they are only made to last a little while and then need to be replaced - but I don't think they are ?

None football topic

I don't think they will be able to pull out of the sponsorship as it will be a set contract unless they do go pop but hopefully they recuperate and it does not come to that .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
ska face
May 23, 2023, 7:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Oh can’t believe it, sponsored by the only firm to ever make anyone redundant! Unlike Youngs who definitely never used to do the same thing every few years. What are the odds?!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
GollyGTFC
May 23, 2023, 10:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ska face
Oh can’t believe it, sponsored by the only firm to ever make anyone redundant! Unlike Youngs who definitely never used to do the same thing every few years. What are the odds?!

Redundancies are part ot every day life in supply businesses. A business loses a contract and there’s no work then there’s no alternative but to make redundancies either voluntarily or compulsory.

Redundancies for a direct to customer company are more worrying in regards to the long term health of the business.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 17
Maringer
May 23, 2023, 10:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
To state the obvious, nobody has any facking money at the moment.

Big and ongoing hit to the economy from Brexit allied to extremely high inflation caused mostly by the war in Ukraine (energy increased and food costs plus a bit of profiteering), and it's hardly surprising people aren't buying new cars. You need to put food on the table and heat your homes first of all and almost everyone is struggling.

Perfectly understandable that MyEnergi will scale back operations in these conditions. They just need to keep on ticking over with the capacity to expand again as the market improves.

Thankfully, the Bank of England has seen how everyone is struggling with day to day bills, so they are continuing to increase interest rates so everyone is poorer, except for rich folk with savings and investments, of course. Fricking cretins. Andrew Bailey couldn't find his bottom with both hands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
GhostDan
May 23, 2023, 11:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
When start-ups scale as fast as myenergi did, there's always going to be a natural reset at some point when they reach a point of stagnation.

I don't know anybody involved but I doubt it's panic stations over there, the accounts they've filed over the years show them as a pretty solid, profitable business which isn't as common as you'd think with these new companies who explode like myenergi have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In other news….

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.