2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
May 12, 2023, 2:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
If. Town did something like this and it was genuine I would be interested.

BUT

I would not think it would be anything like 8 %. It must be a con.

BUT

IF. Town offered say 5% and all money made would go towards Hursty's budget then it could be a good thing.

Even if we only got one player in that we might not have been able to sign.

It would be worth it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
OddShapedBalls
May 12, 2023, 9:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Wasps promised 6% to their bonds purchasers....and look how that ended up.  No thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 12, 2023, 9:41am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from jamesgtfc

At the last count of memberships, Dodgy Dave (allegedly) will be asking Peter Swann to accept a cut price £108k instead of the £3.5m he wants.

Those 2 appear to deserve each other. And, as ever, it's the fans who suffer.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Zero_as_a_limit
May 12, 2023, 10:16am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +109
Gold Stars: 1
Tifosy was created by Gianluca Vialli. I must admit I thought it was more of a crowdfunding platform (was previously used by Portsmouth and Stevenage for capital investment in the training ground and/or stands): https://www.whatinvestment.co.uk/tifosy-raises-1-mln-from-fanfunders-14352/

Given our Chairman's background I imagine he could create a bespoke platform if Town wanted to do something similar. Indeed if it was to fund something like a new training ground or replacing the Main Stand it is the sort of thing I would be happy to put into. Whether it is worth doing probably depends on whether: i) it is genuinely the lowest cost of capital available to the club; and ii) the benefit of this type of 'fan engagement' offsets the additional time and trouble of setting up and running a funding scheme like this.

The reference to 'sporting enhancements' as the purpose of the Bolton one suggests that the lions share of it will go on player wages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bolton Bonds

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.