Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Taylor, thank you!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 87 Guests

Ryan Taylor, thank you!

This thread currently has 4,034 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
May 10, 2023, 8:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from chaos33
Not sure where he lives. He’s a Yorkshireman, so would fully expect a NL club with a short commute from his home to snap him up. Halifax, York, Oldham….

An LJL/Taylor partnership would be a handful, providing they had enough youngsters around them to do the running!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
toontown
May 10, 2023, 1:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah he was good for us last season and both those diving headers against Wrexham invthe league and playoffs were crackers.

Definitely brought the best out of mcatee, they nearly combined to score what would have been a beauty against Brighton too.

This season turned out to be a step too far, had lost all mobility by the end of the season, probably injuries as well as age.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
RonMariner
May 10, 2023, 2:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
That goal at Wrexham was unforgettable. Especially given the importance of the situation and the entire context of the Wrexham media circus. The chest off to the wing was sublime, as was McAtee's cross in.  10 seconds from Max sending it up field it was in the back of the net.   A perfect goal.

But apart from that he lead the line superbly all season. A great pro. Such a contrast to some of the dross we had to put up with in preceding years.

He, and in fact that entire team, will always have a special place in my heart because I can't ever remember a more incredible, exciting and joyous fortnight in my fifty plus years of being a Town supporter.  A dream come true.

Thank you Ryan. No Town fan will ever forget the magic moments you helped give us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
FishOutOfWater
May 10, 2023, 2:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I’m sure everyone would have loved to see him be fit enough to be more involved this season but he was pivotal in our success last season and certainly facilitated a lot of McAtee’s best moments.

Personally think he was more important than many gave him credit for and hopefully he’ll get to play a bit more before he retires. Thanks Tayls!

Echo those sentiments totally

He's been a really good servant to the club so should leave with his held high and a big thank you from ALL the fans for the part he played in our promotion  👍

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 28
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 10, 2023, 3:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Thank you Ryan. Good luck for the future.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Mayaman
May 10, 2023, 6:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
A true professional and someone who came across as a really nice bloke.  Best of luck for the future Ryan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
A Brace Of Tees
May 10, 2023, 7:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Unquestionably one of the classiest forwards we've had at the club in recent years and, as people have said, played a vital part in last season's promotion with some superb goals and assists.

Just sorry that his fitness issues have hampered him this season but I hope he continues his career a bit longer.

Thank you Ryan - from a very grateful fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
HertsGTFC
May 10, 2023, 8:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
I hope he goes into some form of coaching, young strikers could learn a lot from someone with that craft & experience.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
arryarryarry
May 11, 2023, 12:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
I believe he was one that relocated here and may well stay around the area, could end up at Clee Town.

Lives near Rotherham doesn't he?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Taylor, thank you!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.