This thread currently has 2,026 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Dodorondon
May 5, 2023, 10:06am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
Would somebody, in a very very friendly way, please tell the person who compiles the league table for the GTFC site that positions are decided on goal difference and not alphabetically! hence we are 12th and not 10th.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
May 5, 2023, 11:52am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Dodorondon
Would somebody, in a very very friendly way, please tell the person who compiles the league table for the GTFC site that positions are decided on goal difference and not alphabetically! hence we are 12th and not 10th.

Why would anyone on here know who compiles the league table on the OS? It won't be anyone at the club, clearly they are pulling the data from some external source. Perhaps you can contact the club yourself to investigate further if it means that much to you [url]https://gtfc.co.uk/contact-us/[/url]

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Bigdog
May 5, 2023, 12:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Had a quick look at the table on the OS. What's with the layout of the table too? Position number and team name crammed on the left, points and goal difference crammed on the right with a massive expanse of nothing in the middle. Looks terrible even from a basic digital design and layout perspective. Some team names in full, others like ours, not. I'm relatively happy with the way the club is moving forward, but two years in, our digital offer still seems very amateurish given JS's career history. The sad thing is that it costs next to f all to put right other than a bit of time, an eye for design and a basic knowledge of digital functionality..

https://gtfc.co.uk/league-table/

I see a few things that give me a lot of confidence going forward and then things like this just rein me back in a bit..

As a club, we're not on our own with having shocking official websites by using terrible platforms. Even clubs awash with Premier League money are just as guilty. With JS at the helm, I had hoped we could break away from this mediocrity and be better than most in this area by building our own platform or importing the very best in plug ins and features. Doesn't cost much, but creates a huge impact and drives connectivity between the club and the fans. We've done it with our food, we're up there with the best. Why not the website?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
arryarryarry
May 5, 2023, 12:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from pizzzza

Why would anyone on here know who compiles the league table on the OS? It won't be anyone at the club, clearly they are pulling the data from some external source. Perhaps you can contact the club yourself to investigate further if it means that much to you [url]https://gtfc.co.uk/contact-us/[/url]

If they are pulling the data from an external source surely they would check that data is correct?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
pizzzza
May 5, 2023, 2:35pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from arryarryarry

If they are pulling the data from an external source surely they would check that data is correct?

You would have thought so wouldn't you?

If only there were other ways of seeing what the correct league 2 table looks like we'd be alright wouldn't we?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
promotion plaice
May 5, 2023, 2:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,083
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from Dodorondon

Alphabetically is the way it should be, Hull, Scunny and Lincoln spring to mind.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Heisenberg
May 5, 2023, 5:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
I also noticed the Brighton result is missing from our results section too. I know it was horrendous, but there’s no point trying to deny it happened!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
pen penfras
May 6, 2023, 11:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from pizzzza

You would have thought so wouldn't you?

If only there were other ways of seeing what the correct league 2 table looks like we'd be alright wouldn't we?

Obviously it's not difficult to find the correct table, but if the club's website was good then people might actually use it and bring interest and advertising money to the club.

I haven't bothered checking the website in years until we made the new one which is just as bad as the one it replaced. Hardly seems worth the cost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Poojah
May 6, 2023, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,886
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Heisenberg
I also noticed the Brighton result is missing from our results section too. I know it was horrendous, but there’s no point trying to deny it happened!

“Horrendous” is overdoing it a bit. According to this ELO rating system, Brighton are the 13th best club side in the world, ahead of Dortmund, PSG and Juventus.

The 5-0 thumping by Braintree was horrendous. Brighton not so much.

http://clubelo.com/

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
Abdul19
May 6, 2023, 12:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Come back on Club ELO and carry on playing

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Table

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.