3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Mappers
May 3, 2023, 12:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,507
Gold Stars: 120
I would expect a fair few new ones as well with regulars who had to sit at the back of the main or wherever , so it will be interesting to see how it balances out .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Limerick Mariner
May 3, 2023, 1:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138
Wimbledon game home areas completely sold out which may prompt those in two minds to renew.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
rancido
May 3, 2023, 1:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,660
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Mappers
Yes , I expect  similiar .

I wonder if the clubs system allows to see the amount of games people have attended ?

Because near me two reserved seats have not been sat in (and these are a prime view) all season , so either they have bought them as some sort of donation ,which is very admirable but surely there would be a better way .Or it is some sort of system error .

My ST seat is the opposite. There has been no reserved sticker on it for 2 seasons and I have had the same seat as a ST holder for nearly 20 seasons!
Renewed my ST today and, being 75 last month, I got it for £225 - bargain.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Mappers
May 3, 2023, 1:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,507
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from rancido

My ST seat is the opposite. There has been no reserved sticker on it for 2 seasons and I have had the same seat as a ST holder for nearly 20 seasons!
Renewed my ST today and, being 75 last month, I got it for £225 - bargain.

£361 for mine with the booking fee still good value I think , I wish time away enough hoping i make it to 'ancient mariner ' status £100 quid then ! you have 5 more years to do Rancido .

Seems like the reserved stickers maybe get muddled then .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Grantham_Mariner
May 3, 2023, 7:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Mappers

Because near me two reserved seats have not been sat in (and these are a prime view) all season , so either they have bought them as some sort of donation ,which is very admirable but surely there would be a better way .Or it is some sort of system error .

A seat in front of us has not been sat in all season, do not know why, but seat to our right the ticket holder does not use it but goes else where in the stand and stands with his mates at the back..

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
HerveJosse
May 3, 2023, 10:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,209
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Maybe they have a temporary stand ready to order from these guys [url]https://gleventsstadia.co.uk/[/url] ?

However, I'm expecting alot of existing ST holders to not renew, we've averaged 15% + no-shows and this time last year the energy and Trussonomics impact on monthly bills hadn't hit. I think we'll settle down at a more typical 10%-12% no shows average with 5k STH

If only 10-12 % don’t renew then they will all be snapped up by new season ticket holders seeking seats together with  a reasonable view. Still predicting 6k
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Limerick Mariner
May 3, 2023, 11:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

A seat in front of us has not been sat in all season, do not know why, but seat to our right the ticket holder does not use it but goes else where in the stand and stands with his mates at the back..

If we do hit 5.8-6k ST sales again then surely its time unreserved safe standing in the Imp or Harrington Corner - it would add to both ST sales and walk-ups for people that would rather do that. Me included - I even stand in front of my laptop for work now. Standing desks are on the rise in the workplace, the health benefits are nailed on proven. It's completely backward denying people the right to stand at football if they want to.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Overflow option on season tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.