Mappers
April 21, 2023, 7:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,513
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Heisenberg

Surely that’s pushing it a bit? A millionaire from getting the boot at Ipswich? I have no facts whatsoever, but that’s highly unlikely, in my opinion.

It must have been a good bit he left 100 days into a 3 year contract and must have been on  a good wedge there .It will definitely have set him up , if he was not already .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
Son of Cod
April 21, 2023, 8:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
I know Peter O'Rourke sometimes gets things right, but there's absolutely no substance whatsoever to that article other than "Blackpool and Port Vale have recently sacked their manager and Paul Hurst is doing a good job at Grimsby".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
The Caterham Mariner
April 21, 2023, 8:57am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +101
Gold Stars: 8
Bloody Hell  .Really !!! Lets wait and see come Christmas..UTM
"Grimsby Town sign Christiano Ronaldo!"  From a reliable source.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
HatTrickHero
April 21, 2023, 9:34am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Mick McCarthy to Vale and Holloway reunited at Blackpool is my dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 55
diehardmariner
April 21, 2023, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from Son of Cod
I know Peter O'Rourke sometimes gets things right, but there's absolutely no substance whatsoever to that article other than "Blackpool and Port Vale have recently sacked their manager and Paul Hurst is doing a good job at Grimsby".

I think you're doing him a dis-service as a journalist there.  He'll have sources who will feed him information, that's the substance behind it.  

O'Rourke isn't generally just a clickbait type journalist, from memory he does have a quite decent record of insight into what's going on.  

I don't think Hurst will go to either club.  But he will still be ambitious.  His experiences at Ipswich and Scunthorpe will have given him greater caution and whilst he will no doubt enjoy the freedom and support he has here, he'll still be looking to better himself at every opportunity and we're as much at the mercy of him getting poached by bigger clubs as anyone else at this level.  

If a bigger club who are localish to South Yorkshire, with a history of stability and backing their manager, come looking for him, we'll face a massive battle to keep him.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
ginnywings
April 21, 2023, 1:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
My take on it is that players and managers come and go and one day PH will leave, but the club will carry on.

I don't think he's ready to move on yet, but if he did, I'd say thanks and good luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
Posh Harry
April 21, 2023, 1:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think it was Souness on a Sky interview who said Managers outside of the premier leagues top clubs generally don’t get a lump sum. They get paid their salaries month by month, if they get another job it stops.

Surely it’s going to depend on who the manager is and where they came from. If they poach another manager who is currently in a job then that manager will be in a much stronger negotiating position to be able to demand a payoff lump sum from the new club if they get sacked, whereas if they employ an unemployed manager, then less room for negotiation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 55
Davec
April 21, 2023, 1:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
If Hurst does go I will be happy to see Darrell Clarke in the hot seat here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
Poojah
April 21, 2023, 1:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,902
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Davec
If Hurst does go I will be happy to see Darrell Clarke in the hot seat here

Not for me. I never really got over this, or the fact that they did indeed go up, thanks to that cúnt Ross Joyce.

https://youtu.be/lGDHZ1ql26M

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 55
Surrey97
April 21, 2023, 2:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 20
There’s no chance that Hurst will go to Blackpool or Vale. He has one of the most stable positions in football management here and none of those two are big enough to tempt him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blackpool and Port Vale after Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.