1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Posh Harry
March 18, 2023, 7:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
It occurred to me that we are getting some great press coverage about being the 5th team in history to be from division 2 (or 4 for those of us old enough) to reach the quarter finals of the FA Cup, and the first since 1990, but what no one seems to have commented on is the fact that the large majority of the team that will start tomorrow were actually non league players until the start of this season.

Some, like Glennon and Hunt played a few games in the league last season, one (Emmanuel) didn’t play football at all until a few weeks ago, and that makes this cup run event more of an unbelievable achievement.

For Paul Hurst to have got this group to a Cup QF is beyond comprehension and the whole club deserves every penny, every second of tv, and every accolade it gets.

For those lucky enough to have a ticket, I am very, very jealous, but I look forward to hearing you through the tv in my mother in laws spare room come Sunday.

Win or lose, do yourself, and those of us who can’t be there, proud, enjoy the time and make great  memories whatever the result.

What a 12 months this has been for us Mariners, something we have not had for a long time.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › History Makers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.