This thread currently has 1,444 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
March 16, 2023, 7:42am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Limerick Mariner
March 16, 2023, 8:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,749
Gold Stars: 138
Fair play to Albion Roar for doing that...I like everything about BHA FC so far.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Theimperialcoroner
March 16, 2023, 8:58am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
And I’ve just seen my typo in the title, it’s not a podcast about one of the Teletubbies.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Mappers
March 17, 2023, 5:59am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,507
Gold Stars: 120
Listened last night was really good tbf . Interesting Stockwood talked about us 'going right through ' like Brighton have , big ambition at our club these days .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
marinerjase
March 17, 2023, 7:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
I’m intrigued by the local professional footballers at end of career and working in local company line..it’s one area professional football let’s itself down in..yes the PFA do great things, but many are unprepared for and have no experience in the ‘real world’ so to speak. Even at a relatively young age many in the past have struggled once football over.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Mappers
March 17, 2023, 8:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,507
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from marinerjase
I’m intrigued by the local professional footballers at end of career and working in local company line..it’s one area professional football let’s itself down in..yes the PFA do great things, but many are unprepared for and have no experience in the ‘real world’ so to speak. Even at a relatively young age many in the past have struggled once football over.

Its an interesting one this as on a whole it is a problem ,but ironically for us its not because we have Jason ,Andrew ,Hurst and Cook .

They all seem to care about the person as well as what goes on ,on the pitch so imagine the players all get support on their future etc .

The current set even if you question their footballing ability at times have skills that will set them up when they finish -Hard working , polite and the ones I have spoken to intelligent ; i am sure i heard in an interview Michee is already studying for when he finishes a degree of some sort .

I dont know how you would go about supporting the likes of Conlon , Neilson etc for after they finished playing its a difficult one .And then you will always have owners of clubs who dont care ,only about the '3points on a Saturday ' and players are treated like pieces of meat .

Is it wide reform hes looking for (like the regulator ), or is he just talking about us ? Thats the only bit i was confused about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2023, 9:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mappers

Its an interesting one this as on a whole it is a problem ,but ironically for us its not because we have Jason ,Andrew ,Hurst and Cook .

They all seem to care about the person as well as what goes on ,on the pitch so imagine the players all get support on their future etc .

The current set even if you question their footballing ability at times have skills that will set them up when they finish -Hard working , polite and the ones I have spoken to intelligent ; i am sure i heard in an interview Michee is already studying for when he finishes a degree of some sort .

I dont know how you would go about supporting the likes of Conlon , Neilson etc for after they finished playing its a difficult one .And then you will always have owners of clubs who dont care ,only about the '3points on a Saturday ' and players are treated like pieces of meat .

Is it wide reform hes looking for (like the regulator ), or is he just talking about us ? Thats the only bit i was confused about

I think credit to Jason, Andrew and DC in that they’re not waiting for reform and mandatory governance to try and do the right thing by fixed term contract workers that are considered spent by the time they reach their early/mid 30’s. I’m led to believe that as well as doing some coaching at various levels this is something that Giles Coke is looking after.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Brighton Rock Pod
March 17, 2023, 4:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
I know the Albion Roar boys. Good guys. Al’s wife went to school with your chairman!

Meantime I’m recording our own preview tonight if anyone from here wants to jump on. Starting 5.30pm but might be able to accommodate later into it. We have an FA Cup stats expert on first.

DM me or reply here with an email addy if interested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Pocast

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.