Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
[youtube]iTpXJGioJcU[/youtube]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
March 15, 2023, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,316
Gold Stars: 228
Was hoping to post a link to the infamous fans forum to show just how far we have travelled...but can't seem to find it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
MarinerDevil
March 15, 2023, 5:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from moosey_club
Was hoping to post a link to the infamous fans forum to show just how far we have travelled...but can't seem to find it.

I think it's been taken down. All that's left is a 3 minute video of Matt Dean sat on his own before the carnage ensued.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIFdDzSdqY&disableadblock=1
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Lord Gadiform
March 15, 2023, 10:59pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +114
Gold Stars: 5
Currently listening to the Albion Roar podcast with Jason Stockwood and Kieran Maguire as guests. Quite a contrast to Matt Dean sat waiting for a kicking from Fenty and Slade. We’ve come a long way.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
HertsGTFC
March 16, 2023, 8:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Quoted from Lord Gadiform
Currently listening to the Albion Roar podcast with Jason Stockwood and Kieran Maguire as guests. Quite a contrast to Matt Dean sat waiting for a kicking from Fenty and Slade. We’ve come a long way.

Even before the Luton game the progress has been terrific and more than we could have hoped for, let’s not forget how bad things were. I remember that picture of a sheepish Alex May sneaking into BP to see a game during Covid, that will always be the tipping point for me.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
ska face
March 16, 2023, 8:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Even before the Luton game the progress has been terrific and more than we could have hoped for, let’s not forget how bad things were. I remember that picture of a sheepish Alex May sneaking into BP to see a game during Covid, that will always be the tipping point for me.

I think we were quite fortunate in the sense that the takeover/May deal happened when James Findlater was the club’s correspondent at the Telegraph. He was really good throughout the whole saga and really helped pile the pressure on Fenty and his council colleagues. Not digging them out but I don’t think the two young lads who followed him would’ve been quite so thorough & relentless, or whether they would’ve even bothered to investigate the tip off.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
HertsGTFC
March 16, 2023, 8:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Quoted from ska face

I think we were quite fortunate in the sense that the takeover/May deal happened when James Findlater was the club’s correspondent at the Telegraph. He was really good throughout the whole saga and really helped pile the pressure on Fenty and his council colleagues. Not digging them out but I don’t think the two young lads who followed him would’ve been quite so thorough & relentless, or whether they would’ve even bothered to investigate the tip off.

100%, though James isn’t a Town supporter or a local lad he seemed to understand where the club sat in the minds of our supporters.

Also seem to recall though I’m not his biggest fan John Tondour called it out on the day which says a lot about how important the club is to him. Lloyd Griffith seemed to get it moving a bit on Twitter.

I think when people bleat on about us not signing non league strikers they should just pause to think about some of the lows and highs in our recent history.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
diehardmariner
March 16, 2023, 11:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Aye, you can't understate the importance that Findlater, JT and Griffith brought to that.  

They put eyes on a big issue, to the point that it couldn't be ignored.  

In comparison, Scunny had no eyes on them which meant the scrutiny on Swann was largely limited to the hardcore of their fans (most of whom were just completely dejected to the point of not caring).

In a weird way the timing helped us a bit too.  It was still in that bizarre lockdown type environment so I think there was a lot of pent up frustration in people.  Fenty seemingly try to usher in a fraudster into the club was perhaps a vehicle for a lot of people to get rid of that frustration.

Sliding doors really...
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
RonMariner
March 16, 2023, 10:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
It's extraordinary how far we have come in such a short period of time. The future looks bright. Two years ago we were heading to a very dark place indeed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
aldi_01
March 17, 2023, 6:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m not a fan of Griffiths’ comedy but I will always give him the credit for using his significantly increased social media presence to raise the attention of the Alex May stuff.

Findlater was excellent too and whilst I’m sure he’s aspirational and will no doubt want to write sodomist stories, in this context I believe his reporting saved a football club. I have absolutely no doubt had the May deal gone through we’d be in a similar state to scunny.

Our league campaign this year has been inconsistent, we all know that but we really do have to look contextually at where the club was and where it is. The changes are huge and the club continues to move forward. Yes, there have been mistakes, yes, there have been casualties but we’re still moving forward. A club that for 20 years was on life support and we were constantly told, indirectly, was where it was and it was unlikely to ever be anything more…years of zero investment both financially and effort. No ideas and a chasing of a pipe dream that, even if funds and permission granted, would’ve been a disaster. Nothing about the club and the leaders suggested they’d actually deliver a project of that size.

The futures bright for the club. The current incumbents what to put it at the heart of the community. I’m ok with that.

We go to an FA cup quarter final on Sunday with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Our time is now…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Than A Football Club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.