5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
March 15, 2023, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I fully expect there to be L1 interest in Harry Clifton at the end of the season.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
DB
March 15, 2023, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
The one thing we usually ask about a Hurst signing is who is he, followed by is he any good and a number to fill the squad.

A few weeks later it's he brilliant where did he find him from, Hunt, Lloyd, Emmanuel etc. Of course, this is not the case for every signing but Hurst does manage to pull 1 or 2 rabbits out of the hat each transfer window.

Slowly and surely we are on the move with improvement in each transfer window.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
SouthLakesMariner
March 15, 2023, 7:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +945
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Son of Cod
Hunt has come into the fold more and more as the seasons has gone on, I'm expecting him to continue to improve and begin to nail down a starting spot next season.

I had a brief exchange with a Cheltenham fan on TFF regarding Lloyd if anyone is interested...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/60zycHs/2023-03-15-12-44-39.png[/img]

Reading the second part of that thread, we should forget blowing a slice of the FA Cup money on Lloyd if Charlie Brown’s available - we’d pick him up for peanuts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
Mappers
March 15, 2023, 7:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,507
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from chaos33
I fully expect there to be L1 interest in Harry Clifton at the end of the season.

This :
-Stamina-excellent
-Technical ability -now adequate
-leadership -excellent
-Goal return -Excellent this season (maybe double figures)
-Positional adaptability -excellent
-Games played -excellent

He ticks a lot of boxes ,he could almost be a James Milner type higher up I think . I fully expect there to be interest and expect much will come down to how much is offered and if H wants a quicker route through than possible with us and finances on offer of course .

We have another one in Khouri who I fully expect to be a regular the season after next ,he has all the attributes to be a fine player ; think Hurst has recognised this as hes never been one to just throw kids in if they are not ready .

Neil Woods and Co are doing a great job as we are seeing 1 or 2 every season ,or every other season getting a decent run and staying involved within the first team .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 15, 2023, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,052
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from chaos33

Was it a 3 year deal he signed last summer? Frightening to think that young kid isn't too far off his prime now and has clocked over 200 games for us.

How much would a League One team pay for someone like Clifton?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
Mappers
March 15, 2023, 8:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,507
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Was it a 3 year deal he signed last summer? Frightening to think that young kid isn't too far off his prime now and has clocked over 200 games for us.

How much would a League One team pay for someone like Clifton?

2 year i think
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
ginnywings
March 15, 2023, 8:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mappers

2 year i think

Correct.

1 more season after this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
toontown
March 15, 2023, 10:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mappers

This :
-Stamina-excellent
-leadership -excellent
-Games played -excellent

He ticks a lot of boxes ,he could almost be a James Milner type higher up I think . I fully expect there to be interest and expect much will come down to how much is offered and if H wants a quicker route through than possible with us and finances on offer of course .

We have another one in Khouri who I fully expect to be a regular the season after next ,he has all the attributes to be a fine player ; think Hurst has recognised this as hes never been one to just throw kids in if they are not ready .

Neil Woods and Co are doing a great job as we are seeing 1 or 2 every season ,or every other season getting a decent run and staying involved within the first team .

If Harry wasn't a local lad I think there would be little doubt he would depart for league 1 next season, unless we were in it. As he's local we maybe have a bit of a chance of keeping him. Although possibly somebody may offer us money that's too good to turn down for a player in the final year of his contract?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
March 16, 2023, 10:16am
Guest User
Quoted from Mappers

This :
-Stamina-excellent
-leadership -excellent
-Games played -excellent

He may tick a lot of YOUR boxes, but the question is, does he tick a lot of boxes for a League 1 Scout/Manager?
Reply: 28 - 41
HertsGTFC
March 16, 2023, 10:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 123614

He may tick a lot of YOUR boxes, but the question is, does he tick a lot of boxes for a League 1 Scout/Manager?

Word on the street is that H had interest from at least one league 1 team before he re-signed for us, apparently FGR which I could see as at the time their manager was the lad who was it Notts County last season so he would have had great insight into H’s qualities.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfer window

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.