Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Sutton?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 230 Guests

Team for Sutton?

This thread currently has 6,134 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 12, 2023, 10:46am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Team for Sutton?

Now we look pretty safe and the big one coming up on Sunday who should Hurst rest and who should he play?

I believe Red cards in the league carry across to the FA Cup.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
March 12, 2023, 11:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’d drop as many first teamers as possible.

I never thought I’d see the day that GTFC needed to rest players for a cup game…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
HertsGTFC
March 12, 2023, 11:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

I never thought I’d see the day that GTFC needed to rest players for a cup game…

Definitely not for a quarter final.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
Mariner_09
March 12, 2023, 11:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
            Crocombe
Efete Waterfall Smith Amos
    Clifton Morris Khouri
      Khan Taylor Lloyd

I thought Emmanuel looked leggy again yesterday so I'd give him a rest. I'd also definitely want Green and Holohan playing at Brighton, so give them a breather.

I suspect he'll start McAtee/Danilo at Brighton, and play three at the back so I don't see how Otis fits into that, other than as an impact sub to give us some fresh legs. Lloyd is cup tied so he's nailed on to start for me. Be nice to see Ev get another run out.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
toontown
March 12, 2023, 12:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Id rest everyone we can who is going to start on Sunday including max because an injury or sending off to him and its curtains before we even play. Plus it gets minutes into fringe players who may be coming on as subs or needed for any other reason

Something like

Battersby

Efete
Pearson
Smith

Amos
Wearne

Morris
Hunt
Khouri

O'Neil
Lloyd

Subs
Gallagher (if fit enough for bench)
Green
Maher
Khan
Scannell
Dickson Peters
Essel

Wearne was playing wing back at times for Torquay I believe. Efete or maher has to start if we play 3 at the back I think as we don't have replacements for all.

I want to see us give ourselves the best possible shot at sunday so Sutton is merely a distraction - we're not going up or down  so it's not important enough to risk any starters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
toontown
March 12, 2023, 12:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from toontown
Id rest everyone we can who is going to start on Sunday including max because an injury or sending off to him and its curtains before we even play. Plus it gets minutes into fringe players who may be coming on as subs or needed for any other reason

Something like

Battersby

Efete
Pearson
Smith

Amos
Wearne

Morris
Hunt
Khouri

O'Neil
Lloyd

Subs
Gallagher (if fit enough for bench)
Green
Maher
Khan
Scannell
Dickson Peters
Essel

Wearne was playing wing back at times for Torquay I believe. Efete or maher has to start if we play 3 at the back I think as we don't have replacements for all.

I want to see us give ourselves the best possible shot at sunday so Sutton is merely a distraction - we're not going up or down  so it's not important enough to risk any starters.

Although I don't for a moment think Hurst will do anything like this!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
Poojah
March 12, 2023, 12:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,879
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from aldi_01

This. Brighton have a blood and thunder derby against Palace on Wednesday, a game they cannot afford to rest players for. We need to take every advantage we can get; we’re going to need it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
HertsGTFC
March 12, 2023, 12:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner_09
            Crocombe
    Clifton Morris Khouri
      Khan Taylor Lloyd

I thought Emmanuel looked leggy again yesterday so I'd give him a rest. I'd also definitely want Green and Holohan playing at Brighton, so give them a breather.

I suspect he'll start McAtee/Danilo at Brighton, and play three at the back so I don't see how Otis fits into that, other than as an impact sub to give us some fresh legs. Lloyd is cup tied so he's nailed on to start for me. Be nice to see Ev get another run out.

I like that line up for sure, I’d probably start Green ahead of Clifton but only for more minutes for Green and a bit less work for Clifton who’ll start next Sunday for sure.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
toontown
March 12, 2023, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
            Crocombe
    Clifton Morris Khouri
      Khan Taylor Lloyd

Clifton definitely needs a rest - been having to come off during games or on being sub yesterday, they were probably hoping to avoid needing to use him altogether yesterday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
lukeo
March 12, 2023, 12:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I'd play our strongest 11 who are 100% match fit and have no niggles or anything at all.
For me Emmanuel looked leggy and tired so players like him I'd rest. I'd start Lloyd as he can't play the Cup and he's out best Central forward player in my opinion anyway.

For me it's about how you train. I'd be working more on strategies and practice certain situations rather than game practice matches or intense fitness work outs. Keep them ticking over and their muscles working but as little as possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Sutton?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.