March 12, 2023, 1:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,751
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from lukeo

It also turns a floppy into a semi

If we win surely it will be more than a semi - straight-up to a cup final...even at my age...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 113
pontoonlew
March 12, 2023, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from lukeo
Im concerned of people's expectations regards next season.
1 quote - we go again in league 2 with a much boosted war chest.

I don't think our playing budget will rise massively (although im sure it will be slightly higher than usual). What they will do is whatever they would have put in from their own pocket they'll cover with the financial gain from this cup run. That way accounts for the year after this should show a good balance as we won't be taking out any loans etc.

Given our poor January window, it’ll be very poor for the supporters/club relationship to have another poor one after such a large windfall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 113
ginnywings
March 12, 2023, 2:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew

Given our poor January window, it’ll be very poor for the supporters/club relationship to have another poor one after such a large windfall

Was it poor?

Lloyd and Emmanuel have improved us most would say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 113
pontoonlew
March 12, 2023, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from ginnywings

Was it poor?

Lloyd and Emmanuel have improved us most would say.

Absolutely, we have 2 players who have come in and performed. Both of those are on short term deals and as it stands won’t be part of our squad next season.

The club have answered why they thought it didn’t go as well and we’re all on a high from this cup run, but it doesn’t take away that January was undoubtedly poor. It also makes me nervous for the summer if those issues continue.

It’s a debate for another day though, the next 7 days are all about getting excited for this time next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 113
marinerjase
March 12, 2023, 2:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
It’s a valid point…and, given that our owner has said cup run money will go on strengthening team, a lot of agents will have their phones to PH on speed dial, trying to *negotiate deals with the knowledge funds are there..*try to get themselves a few quid

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 113
ginnywings
March 12, 2023, 2:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Short term deals are the nature of the beast at our level, especially in January, and some of those deals are almost try before you buy.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lloyd signs permanently.

The remit was to try and get better in each window, and I think we achieved that, just about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 113
HertsGTFC
March 12, 2023, 2:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,019
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from ginnywings
Short term deals are the nature of the beast at our level, especially in January, and some of those deals are almost try before you buy.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lloyd signs permanently.

The remit was to try and get better in each window, and I think we achieved that, just about.

It's just a shame we couldn't get Lloyd and Emmanuel on the pitch with Khan, Taylor and Green earlier as I think recent weeks would have looked different on the league.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 113
jamesgtfc
March 12, 2023, 2:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from marinerjase
It’s a valid point…and, given that our owner has said cup run money will go on strengthening team, a lot of agents will have their phones to PH on speed dial, trying to *negotiate deals with the knowledge funds are there..*try to get themselves a few quid

This is a huge problem for the summer. Hurst seeks value and Jason explained at the fans forum why we aren't transparent with transfer income/expenditure which I fully understand and support.

Cup money is public knowledge though so anyone in the game has a rough idea what we will have made and agents/clubs will want us to spend some of that money on their players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 113
March 12, 2023, 5:02pm
Guest User
Last time I saw a Brighton vs. Grimsby fixture we were in the same league. Madness!
Reply: 38 - 113
ska face
March 12, 2023, 5:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,810
Gold Stars: 852
What we talking about transfer windows for, thought everyone wanted the money spending on sorting the pitch out last night?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Brighton game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.