7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
March 11, 2023, 5:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Another poor performance over all (by both teams), especially the 1st half alot of hoof ball not much in the way of passing. 2nd half was better once Taylor came on and things really started to begin when Clufton came on we looked like we finaply had energy. Beautiful lob by Lloyd, keeper was rooted he had no chance. Ref had completely lost control by the end. Green MoM easy decision he's probably the onpy player who gave a full 90.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mappers
March 11, 2023, 5:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
Difficult watch again ,masked by a moment of quality .Not much else to say really .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
pontoonlew
March 11, 2023, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Poor watch and the fact we’ve had an evenly contested game at home against bottom of the league says it all. Lloyd & Green the only players who performed well over 90 mins.

That said, we’re safe and now can look forward to probably the biggest game in our history on Sunday. It’s not been a pretty season overall but you’d like to think we’re set up for a better shot at it next season. Some new and exciting signings alongside a much improved pitch would go a long way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
Hagrid
March 11, 2023, 5:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Boring again but for 1 moment of quality

They were okay, we’ve beaten them twice and i dont know how.

Taylor changed the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
lukeo
March 11, 2023, 5:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Not often I can't get motivated to watch us but I only had 1 eye on the game. From what I saw Lloyd and Green were well above everyone else (Green tired towards the end). Taylor looked more like Taylor, clever free kicks won and put himself about.
Great to get the 3 points and we move on to the next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
MuddyWaters
March 11, 2023, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Taylor and Clifton changed the game. Lloyd worked hard, deserved his goal, Khan and Green the best of the rest.
Not much else to say but same old shite home form.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
chipsandgravy
March 11, 2023, 5:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
I know I should be realistic in terms of how we came up and first season back in the league etc, etc. - but I am finding it increasingly difficult to raise the enthusiasm to watch Town (in the League obvs) at the moment. Today's game could be cut and paste with so many home games this season.  
There has been very little in the way of entertainment for a good while and today was no different.
However a win is a win. To be fair we were better second half and Taylor and Clifton changed the game. Green was my MOM and was pleased for Lloyd who took his chance well. They will be wondering how they lost that game and they weren't very good at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
Spurn boy
March 11, 2023, 5:51pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
The 3 points outweighs the performance which was a very nervous one, we could have easily given away a penalty and thought Rochdale were the better team in the first half but the introduction of Taylor for the 2nd half changed the game for us with his clever ability to hold the ball up. Well taken goal by Lloyd and that gave us a bit of confidence and we saw the game out for the win. Sometimes it’s a game like today that gives the team a bit more confidence and I think the 3 points today will hopefully allow us to enjoy our football better.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
buckstown
March 11, 2023, 5:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
As those above have said, not a glittering performance! Didn't thing Rochdale looked remotely like a side stranded at the foot of the table and we were lucky to get all square at half time.
Taylor made a difference and Harry added a bit of pace to the midfield when he came on. Have to say, their number 26, Mullarkey who PH tried to sign in January looks a very good player. Be worth going back for him if Rochdale do go down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
LH
March 11, 2023, 5:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Dull but achieved a quite important win which gives us the chance of resting some players on Tuesday. Pitch looks hard enough to run on let alone play footy on - a win next week would pay for a new one and a decent team to play on it!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.