March 4, 2023, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from St. Pauli
https://www.mopo.de/sport/fuss.....-mit-fischen-feiert/

We even made it to a report in a local paper in Hamburg (Germany).

dont mention the VAR

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Spurn boy
March 4, 2023, 8:01pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Have never been a fan of VAR but the more times you watch the game you appreciate the fact that without it we we would not be in the 6th round. Love all the videos of the game but the Match Day Moments was brilliant, can’t stop watching it much to my wife’s annoyance.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
grimps
March 6, 2023, 8:02am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from chaos33
I think all the ‘match day moments’ content is really good. It’s artful, it’s atmospheric, it’s engaging, it gives insights into aspects you wouldn’t normally see. I think they’re like little sociological artefacts and snapshots that will be precious and informative and resonant for years. Congratulations to all those who work on it. Everyone loves it!!
UTM

Well I've just mentioned about the 'myth' of the Grimsby support at Anfield in 1980 in another post, future generatons will be able to see for themselves in 40 odd years exactly how it was .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
TownSNAFU5
March 6, 2023, 2:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Maybe with VAR our toast was repeatedly dates to fall butter facing upwards?

Further to the above about our players not making any progress with their careers before joining Town.

McAtee was considered to be lazy at Scunthorpe.  Waterfall was also let go by Lincoln.  Holohan was released by Hartlepool.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 6, 2023, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Maybe with VAR our toast was repeatedly dates to fall butter facing upwards?

Further to the above about our players not making any progress with their careers before joining Town.

McAtee was considered to be lazy at Scunthorpe.  Waterfall was also let go by Lincoln.  Holohan was released by Hartlepool.  

Think Waterfall was sold to Shrewsbury who at the time were in the league above Lincoln.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
moosey_club
March 6, 2023, 9:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
The one thing that really stood out to me in that video was the arrival of the coaches...an announcer, lights, red carpet.....a million miles away from dodging dog sh!te landmines and potholes in Harrington St. WTF

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
Poojah
March 6, 2023, 9:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,880
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from moosey_club
The one thing that really stood out to me in that video was the arrival of the coaches...an announcer, lights, red carpet.....a million miles away from dodging dog sh!te landmines and potholes in Harrington St. WTF

Hurst commented on it himself. It was somehow both Billy big time and hilariously tin pot at the same time.

I hope, whatever journey we are on, we never become like Southampton. An anaesthetised football club floating like the most pointless, mediocre turd in a sea of senseless riches.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
RichMariner
March 6, 2023, 10:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
It's a good point - I struggle to see where the passion is among supporters of teams like Southampton, whose only ambition is to compete in the PL.

That one outrageous season Leicester had gives hope to many, but it may never happen again.

Southampton don't want to get relegated (who does?!) but, by the same token, what's so glorious about finishing 14th in the PL season after season? Even if an oil rich conglomerate bought them, you've still got plenty of other teams in the PL who have almost bottomless resources, so we're getting to the stage where deep pockets don't even guarantee success.

I dunno, maybe it's easy for me to say, but I don't envy those clubs that compete season after season in the PL and get nowhere. I admire the likes of Brighton, Brentford and Fulham this season because they've never been so high, and it's still a novelty.

But you look at a team like Palace and you wonder what they've got to get excited about.

I'd much rather watch my team compete in a league where the odds of the bottom team beating the top team aren't 50/1.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
Theimperialcoroner
March 6, 2023, 10:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from RichMariner
It's a good point - I struggle to see where the passion is among supporters of teams like Southampton, whose only ambition is to compete in the PL.

That one outrageous season Leicester had gives hope to many, but it may never happen again.

Southampton don't want to get relegated (who does?!) but, by the same token, what's so glorious about finishing 14th in the PL season after season? Even if an oil rich conglomerate bought them, you've still got plenty of other teams in the PL who have almost bottomless resources, so we're getting to the stage where deep pockets don't even guarantee success.

I dunno, maybe it's easy for me to say, but I don't envy those clubs that compete season after season in the PL and get nowhere. I admire the likes of Brighton, Brentford and Fulham this season because they've never been so high, and it's still a novelty.

But you look at a team like Palace and you wonder what they've got to get excited about.

I'd much rather watch my team compete in a league where the odds of the bottom team beating the top team aren't 50/1.

They are all in there as cannon fodder for the bigger boys. Bigger boys who are staying to eat themselves. Chelsea are what 10th? Spurs not to much higher. The Saudi Billions in Newcastle have not really done their trick yet either. It’s a league of no soul whatsoever.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matchday Moments Southampton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.