4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
February 27, 2023, 12:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Allocated seating or a free for all 🤷🏼‍♂️ had a mixture of both this season at the away games I’ve been to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Wiley2405
February 27, 2023, 3:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
It’ll be difficult to steward potentially 4,500 thousand Town fans to their seats. You might get the odd Karen that wants people to move so they can get in there seat but allocated seating can potentially kill atomosphere at times so hopefully it’ll be a free for all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
Bignic69
February 27, 2023, 4:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
If i was going on my own i wouldnt mind where i was sat. I'm taking my wife and lad so i'll be wanting the seats my tickets state.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
Mariner_09
February 27, 2023, 4:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Bignic69
If i was going on my own i wouldnt mind where i was sat. I'm taking my wife and lad so i'll be wanting the seats my tickets state.

The problem is, if you're a group of people who've bought individually but normally sit together, you'll naturally congregate with your mates, allocated or not allocated. Hence specific seats always falls into disarray.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
The Caterham Mariner
February 27, 2023, 4:09pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Bignic69

Yes i am going on my own  will go to allocated seat , But if it's "Cack!" will be looking at moving to a better location.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
cardiffmariner
February 27, 2023, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Wiley2405
It’ll be difficult to steward potentially 4,500 thousand Town fans to their seats. You might get the odd Karen that wants people to move so they can get in there seat but allocated seating can potentially kill atomosphere at times so hopefully it’ll be a free for all.

That’s all well and good but I’ll be with my wife and kids and don’t know how early we can get there. If we turn up 15 minutes before kick off I think it’s reasonable to expect my four seats together. Bought mine at the end of the rush so expect to be in a top corner somewhere anyway!

Hopefully it’ll all work out and I expect the atmosphere to be good regardless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
Poojah
February 27, 2023, 4:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
I would think, with Southampton being a PL club and having sold out away ends every week, that allocated seating will be enforced to some degree.

I think we’ve got 9 separate blocks allocated to us (40 to 48 ), some naturally more appealing than others. It’s going to get quite messy if you’ve got large groups of people randomly trying to access sections which may or may not be already full.

Frankly I’d pay good money not to sit with my mates, but I can understand that families will want to sit together. As of this morning, we’d sold almost 90% of our allocation so there won’t be banks of spare seats for people to find.

Fairly sure Palace and Chelsea were allocated seating. I’d be surprised if this was any different, personally.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
Grantham_Mariner
February 27, 2023, 4:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
Its not Blundell Park, every seat has a good view.

PS. if anybody sits in my seat I will set Mrs Grantham Mariner on them, believe me you don't want that.    

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
oochiad
February 27, 2023, 4:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I’m disabled and my seat isn’t in the disabled section as there isn’t enough. My seat is accessible though from the stairs that come into the stand easy enough, I’ll need that seat not one on row OO or NN as they’ll be to many stairs. I hope people will be reasonable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
Gaffer58
February 27, 2023, 5:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
So it appears that some people on here just sit in any seat they fancy, wonder if they do the same at the cinema, or on an airplane?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Allocated seating

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.