The Caterham Mariner
February 27, 2023, 4:05pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +102
Gold Stars: 8
Reading into this either way Southampton whatever team they put on Wednesday  Night IF we win then Town will be up against a proper Premier  league team whoever again will be a hell of a game!
I remember  losing to Chelsea 7-1 but that 1 goal was pure magic to see, the train ride home with my 2 sons who were in the matthew harding for that game was a long journey back.

Unlike the 1-0 loss to Crystal Palace the game "We've only got 10 men!"  Going to work on the Monday no ridicule  only praises  for Town and the fans was a surprise.
Even now for the Southampton game the blokes at work are taking an interest  ok its on telly for them But for me time off work booked plus stay overnight ....Back to work Friday morning to face the "Loading Bay  Banter!  on the outcome.
UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
TownSNAFU5
February 27, 2023, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Our best chance to beat a PL club. Well, since Liverpool, Villa and Everton.

Southampton have a lot of young players.  Some with good potential, others poor (by PL standards). Their recruitment has been strange for a number of years.   They had a 21 year old keeper at Leeds, who was not very good.  They also have a 42 year old keeper.  Their standard of most first team players is similar to the squad players. Many are seen as interchangeable for the first team.  

Some Southampton fans think that they are down.  They want to concentrate on the FAC.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
TownSNAFU5
March 1, 2023, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Some Saints fans believe that they are down and want to concentrate on the FAC!😦

Others see some good news for them as 2 of their worst players are cup-tied.  

A small home crowd will not give them much motivation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Mariner93er
March 1, 2023, 10:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
It's one of those games were I think the first half is vital. There's a negative atmosphere around their club at the minute and the longer we can frustrate them, the more hostile their fans will become which will only help us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Madeleymariner
March 1, 2023, 10:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Their official site game preview says this is the furthest we have ever been in the FA Cup in our history. I suppose to Pemiersh1t teams history only started when the Prem was formed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Poojah
March 1, 2023, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Their official site game preview says this is the furthest we have ever been in the FA Cup in our history. I suppose to Pemiersh1t teams history only started when the Prem was formed.

Even then it’s not true.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
lew chaterleys lover
March 1, 2023, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,782
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Oh for crying out loud! They can't be that stupid surely? Even a cursory internet search would tell them otherwise. The Premier League don't do themselves any favours when belittling Football league clubs - especially as Southampton will soon be joining us in the EFL!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
OddShapedBalls
March 1, 2023, 3:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Mariner93er
It's one of those games were I think the first half is vital. There's a negative atmosphere around their club at the minute and the longer we can frustrate them, the more hostile their fans will become which will only help us.

Early goal for Town and freeze them out until half time would really get a negative home atmosphere going, fingers crossed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How SaintsWeb is viewing things

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.