Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +102
Gold Stars: 8
SOLID proper defender who has got his head to a few goals
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
The Caterham Mariner
February 26, 2023, 1:09pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +102
Gold Stars: 8
SOLID proper defender who has got his head to a few goals
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
DB
February 26, 2023, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
I've nothing to add to the brilliant description already posted above of a colossal giant, more than a MOM but 'Man of The Team'.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
ginnywings
February 26, 2023, 2:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
When he went down yesterday, I knew he'd be properly injured, not faking it to gain an advantage. That says all you need to know about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
Mayaman
February 26, 2023, 2:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
After the relegation season, he certainly proved me wrong.  Maurice Wilson spirit!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
RichMariner
February 26, 2023, 4:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,163
Gold Stars: 212
I mentioned this on Twitter last week but he's scored 16 goals for us in those 150 games.

There isn't another central defender in the last few decades who's achieved that goals-to-games ratio over that length of time.

The likes of Pond, Enhua (RIP) and Todd notched a few in short spells, and Pearson, Rodger and others have scored a few, but not as many as 16 in their time with us.

I'm sure there are a few centre backs that pre-date my time supporting Town that have got more than 16, but it's an impressive haul considering the likes of Futcher, Lever, Handyside, Rob Jones and others who played in better teams never got close to that sort of return.

Waterfall knows what he is. He's an uncomplicated defender with a simple game plan at set pieces. It's one thing knowing our tactic but another thing entirely in stopping it!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
ginnywings
February 26, 2023, 4:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I'm sure I've read somewhere that he was a striker in his early days.

He's approaching 50 career goals, which is more than some strikers manage.

The two at Wrexham will live long in the memory, especially the second and his tirade at Mullin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Mariner_501
February 26, 2023, 4:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
I think he’s the best player we have had in the air in probably 20 years. Whenever the ball is in the air around his area I’ve never felt so confident a player will head it. He’s not even obscenely tall, or doesn’t look it. Even against players with a few inches on him I’d back him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
pontoonlew
February 26, 2023, 4:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Looking back on the relegation season, him & Pollock suffered through having to play alongside each other. Individually great, but as a combination it was a disaster.

As a mark of the man, I had a bad injury last year which caused me to miss the whole play-off campaign, including the final. He found out about it and sent me a message. A small thing that meant an awful lot at the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
Heisenberg
February 26, 2023, 7:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from pontoonlew
Looking back on the relegation season, him & Pollock suffered through having to play alongside each other. Individually great, but as a combination it was a disaster.

As a mark of the man, I had a bad injury last year which caused me to miss the whole play-off campaign, including the final. He found out about it and sent me a message. A small thing that meant an awful lot at the time.

Is your surname Efete, by any chance?!

Busted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Waterfall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.