Reply: 1 - 6
RichMariner
February 25, 2023, 6:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,163
Gold Stars: 212
I've often lamented the fact that no one gifts us goals in the way we sometimes gift the opposition them, but today our second certainly was gifted!

Not sure we covered ourselves in glory for either of their goals either, mind.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Chrisblor
February 25, 2023, 7:02pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,971
Gold Stars: 242
What's Efete doing for both goals? Just lets the scorer fall over for the first one, stands off him and gives him all day to stand up and have a shot. Why's he's not closing him down? There's plenty of other defenders around him to cover. On the second none of the three CBs cover themselves in glory - Maher miscontrolls, Waterfall doesn't deal with it and hits a weak pass backwards, but Efete has plenty of time to receive and clear it but for some reason hesitates, lets their player grab it and feed it to the goalscorer (very good finish, would be nice if some of our players were that clinical). Great performance down the other end and in midfield but totally chucked two points away against a good side today

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Plankton
February 25, 2023, 7:11pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Chrisblor
What's Efete doing for both goals? Just lets the scorer fall over for the first one, stands off him and gives him all day to stand up and have a shot. Why's he's not closing him down? There's plenty of other defenders around him to cover. On the second none of the three CBs cover themselves in glory - Maher miscontrolls, Waterfall doesn't deal with it and hits a weak pass backwards, but Efete has plenty of time to receive and clear it but for some reason hesitates, lets their player grab it and feed it to the goalscorer (very good finish, would be nice if some of our players were that clinical). Great performance down the other end and in midfield but totally chucked two points away against a good side today

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but he looks like he's very nervy, perhaps trying not to give away a penalty? Either way, it's not great defending and he's had a few scenarios this season where he should be doing better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Limerick Mariner
February 25, 2023, 11:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,751
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Plankton

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but he looks like he's very nervy, perhaps trying not to give away a penalty? Either way, it's not great defending and he's had a few scenarios this season where he should be doing better.

I thought he was indecisive all game, but he is capable of much better - he was great against Luton.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
Maringer
February 26, 2023, 12:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,682
Gold Stars: 189
Penalty was worse than I thought. Weakly-struck, easy height for the keeper and way too close. If in doubt, smack it and you've still got a chance of getting it past the keeper, but that was poor.

Some really bad defending at times from both teams today and I can only imagine the tricky conditions had an influence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.