Vance Warner
February 25, 2023, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,833
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from DB
Pens should be sorted before the match, McAtee/ Holohan/Maher and then Glennon takes it. That was a circus.

Thought Glennon was always going to take it. Maher was standing on the penalty spot to stop any interference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 115
Madeleymariner
February 25, 2023, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Unlucky in the end, why we can't take pens I have no idea, is that 4 this season and we only scored 1? Talk about organising the takers in advance, I remember after one of our players on a hat trick wanted to take a late penalty but Buckley told him in no uncertain terms to leave it for the reg taker.
Thought we missed Harry when he went off as suddenly our midfield stopped getting on the ball as much. Should of won, deserved to win but it is what it is
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 115
Kris2
February 25, 2023, 5:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Unlucky on balance and an entertaining second half. wasn't a bad penalty in all just the keeper guessed the right way and made the save, always a lottery but we also seemed to struggle with who was taking it which is worrying. Wasn't really impressed with their players delaying things and walking all over the penalty spot, a couple were booked for it but it takes players focus away and they knew what they were doing. It's interesting how desperately they held on for a draw considering their position, once they scored they time wasted and sat back as much as possible but maybe grinding away draws like that is why they are top. Lot of energy creating chances, Hunt's passing was quality through the match and he showed some of those touches we knew he has in him.

Also shout out to the guy in the main stand in injury time when the ball goes out and Efete is waiting to get the ball back quickly that decided he was going to kick the ball as hard as he could into the air to waste time. Good job fella.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 115
hampshiremariner
February 25, 2023, 5:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from RonMariner
Sounds like we gave away two soft goals, missed a penalty and still got a point.

I would have settled for a point before the start. And 5 points from the last three fixtures is probably more than we would have expected.

I think that is a fair assessment. We seem to perform well against the better teams but if a team parks the bus we are unable to break them down. If only we could be more consistent, we would be a force in this division. However, before today’s match, I think most of us would have settled for a point. So, it’s well done to the lads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 115
Spurn boy
February 25, 2023, 5:10pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
It was a well struck penalty, and the 17th penalty that their keeper has saved in his league career. A point is not a bad result after that dreadful first half.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 115
HertsGTFC
February 25, 2023, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,011
Gold Stars: 228
Much better 2nd half, Orient cheating c****s, and if that’s top of the league level I’m surprised as I thought they were average and got out of jail.

Feels a bit like 2 points lost considering they scored from our indecision in defence but I’ll take the draw.

Really tidy finish by Lloyd though, good composure and pulled the trigger at the right time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 115
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Orient

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.