February 22, 2023, 3:45pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 8
Crikey !!
Enough to put you off becoming a ST holder ,especially possible Brentford option.
Hmmm  dare i say if i lived closer to BP i would still like the option to which game i want to go to and wear i can watch it  thank you .

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Spidey
February 22, 2023, 3:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Les Brechin
There a seat in the row in front of me. Showing reserved so it should be a ST but it's been empty every league game so far.

The seat next to me in the main is a season ticket holders, but no one has sat there all season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 22, 2023, 4:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
I have a few thoughts on this. Firstly I don't think the club should recompense season ticket holders for releasing their seats, unless that seat is subsequently sold. Secondly I think the club need to be more proactive. The system for releasing your season ticket is a little complicated. Would it not be better for the club to contact the ST holder asking whether they intend to use their ticket for the next match and then immediately releasing the seat if the response is negative. It's only the outline of an idea and I haven't completely thought it through. Maybe the club could employ somebody specifically to do this and their wage could be covered from the extra income generated by re-sales. I also can't see any reason why re-allocated seats should not be sold at the normal ticket price.

Just an idea

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
moosey_club
February 22, 2023, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
If I could , theoretically of course.... if not using it myself for any games...pass my season ticket on privately for less than face value and pocket the cash ....then where is my incentive to fck about on the website to re release it to the club for free?
Absolute no brainer imo.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
supertown
February 22, 2023, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Phil the cod
Well, I'm going to save them (the illustrious new owners of gtfc) the cost of the stamp warning me to release my seat........I'm not renewing after watching this seasons woeful home games.
I'll go in the osmand end and pick and choose games.
So crack on suits.

Woh chill your beef, this isn’t a GTFC initiative
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
Garth
February 22, 2023, 7:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from ska face

Been thinking a bit about this, and the more I think about it the more complicated it becomes. That’s without having balance sheets and budgets to worry about too.

Whatever’s in place, I think it could only work if compo is dished out once tickets are resold rather than released. Otherwise you’re looking at guaranteed ST income potentially fluctuating week to week, you could have every ST release their seats one week and suddenly you’ve got 5500 lots of fivers or credits to dish out.

You couldn’t really do it as a flat single rate, it would have to be based on the value/category of the ST - if you’ve paid £70 for a kids’ ST and it’s resold every week, you could end the season in profit. Morally though, if the seat is sold as a ST and then sold again once released, the club will have made twice the income for the same thing, so a decent whack should go back to the ST holder.

Then if you’ve got an adult ST, and the seat is resold as a concession, how much is that worth? Averaged out, an adult ST is worth £14.78 per game (most stands), that seat could be sold as cheap as £5, total revenue from that seat then is £19.78, less than the standard £20 matchday price.

Like I said, complicated.

When you buy your season ticket you enter a contract with the club that allows you and nobody else to hire that seat for the endurance of the match, it's entirely up to you what you do in that purchased time, and bloody cheeky of any club to rule differently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
ska face
February 22, 2023, 7:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
What you telling me for?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
toontown
February 22, 2023, 8:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
I have a few thoughts on this. Firstly I don't think the club should recompense season ticket holders for releasing their seats, unless that seat is subsequently sold. Secondly I think the club need to be more proactive. The system for releasing your season ticket is a little complicated. Would it not be better for the club to contact the ST holder asking whether they intend to use their ticket for the next match and then immediately releasing the seat if the response is negative. It's only the outline of an idea and I haven't completely thought it through. Maybe the club could employ somebody specifically to do this and their wage could be covered from the extra income generated by re-sales. I also can't see any reason why re-allocated seats should not be sold at the normal ticket price.

Just an idea

Hmmm, employing somebody for the purpose of ringing up every single one of the 5800 season ticket holders before every game to ask them if they're coming or not. Incidentally they might change their mind after their called so everybody who says yes they're coming gets another call to make sure a couple of days later yeah?

It'll need a team, not an individual.

I reckon you should be on the apprentice mate, lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
jamesgtfc
February 22, 2023, 11:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Garth

When you buy your season ticket you enter a contract with the club that allows you and nobody else to hire that seat for the endurance of the match, it's entirely up to you what you do in that purchased time, and bloody cheeky of any club to rule differently

I see it both ways. Brentford have the second smallest PL ground and there must be a link between casual fans attending and buying merchandise. The fans who have been there through thick and thin, you have to feel for if they are implicated in this but if the current situation is preventing the next generation of fans getting to games, it creates a problem 10 or 20 years down the line.

The ticket situation at BP is a concern I've raised all season and it will probably resolve itself next season. The club will have data on STH attendances, anyone who buys a seat but doesn't attend could be contacted and maybe persuaded to support the club another way to free up that seat. I don't know how many it implicates when you consider those who only attend a few games but the club picking up the phone and having a chat with these fans would be a positive step.

Just thinking aloud here but could we offer a virtual season ticket that comes with MarinersTV membership and a signed framed signed shirt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
lukeo
February 23, 2023, 3:29am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I wonder if there's a way you can buy a 'season ticket' without actually having a specific sest but it allows you to organise a sest for any home game anytime (ie like a pre sale). So for example if you know you'll only make a handful of games you pay your money for a 'season ticket' and then when you know you are going to a game anytime up until the tickets go on sale (usually 2 weeks before?) You can choose a seat somewhere like a pre sale purchase
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Empty seats

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.