toontown
February 21, 2023, 12:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mariner93er
But it was a clear and obvious red card? Therefore a clear and obvious mistake by the ref not to give it. If it hadn't have been given the other way, we'd all have been complaining.

But has there ever been a similar enough tackle in the prem since VAR and its not been given? Genuinely asking as I don't know as don't watch the prem. If so then it isn't a clear and obvious error as another VAR team of refs has come to a different conclusion.

I've seen loads of stuff were at world cups etc were VAR decisionbis given one way and analysts in the studio disagree so plenty of time the decisions are not just 'clear and obvious' mistakes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
rancido
February 21, 2023, 1:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from toontown

But has there ever been a similar enough tackle in the prem since VAR and its not been given? Genuinely asking as I don't know as don't watch the prem. If so then it isn't a clear and obvious error as another VAR team of refs has come to a different conclusion.

I've seen loads of stuff were at world cups etc were VAR decisionbis given one way and analysts in the studio disagree so plenty of time the decisions are not just 'clear and obvious' mistakes.

This is the point. The ref didn't make a mistake because he saw the foul. He just interpreted the nature of the foul and gave, in his opinion, the correct punishment. If the same incident took place and the ref gave a red card and subsequent VAR analysis showed it wasn't as severe as to justify a red , then would that red be overturned by the VAR?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
Maringer
February 21, 2023, 1:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
At the weekend, a Manyoo player stuck his studs into the side of the knee of one of the Leicester defenders after timing his challenge wrong. VAR checked it and didn't even think it worth a yellow card. Looked a red to me. If the referee had seen it properly and sent the player off, there wouldn't have been much complaint.

I suspect any such challenges against Southampton will be penalised by VAR. Let's hope we don't give them the chance to send somebody off or award a soft penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
Mariner16
February 24, 2023, 4:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Craig Pawson is VAR on Wednesday

Thomas Bramall ref.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
GollyGTFC
February 24, 2023, 7:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Laura Woods is presenting our match on ITV4 and Seb Hutchinson & Ally McCoist are on commentary.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 49
Abdul19
February 24, 2023, 8:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
McCoist on co-comms makes me almost glad I can't make it - what a man!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
ska face
March 1, 2023, 10:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from ska face
Like I said in the other thread on this, there’s too much “grey area” with VAR and all it does is provide refs with more time to think about the consequences of their decision.

There’s zero, ZERO, chance that a ref would favour us over a Prem club on a 50/50 decision if it meant them going out of the FA Cup.

lmao who is this idiot?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
mike_d
March 1, 2023, 10:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

If Southampton score against us and it goes to VAR and is ruled out for offside I doubt many of us will be complaining about VAR.

It is what it is.

Prophetic post of the week award...

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
HerveJosse
March 2, 2023, 1:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 145
VAR at Southampton.
Thank you god!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
spaceman
March 2, 2023, 2:57am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +30
Gold Stars: 2
Can I just say, I'm sorry if I must come across as a bit of a sore-loser. I'm not originally from Southampton but I am a Saints fan and am very much interested in how they're doing.

They've been all out of sorts lately and I'm hoping they pull through. But that wasn't to take anything from tonight, it wasn't good enough. You guys played well and deserved it. Brighton are a tough cookie, having a great season (almost doesn't need to be mentioned) they won't be beat unless you really attack them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR at Southampton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.