DB
February 18, 2023, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f401dn

The bit I really liked was towards the end when he said they didn't want to sit back and defend, but to go for it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
February 18, 2023, 6:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,862
Gold Stars: 230
I do agree with him that we got very little out of the ref today. The Amos booking in particular was incredibly harsh. My neutral friend at the game said the free kick should have gone the other way. As did another one in almost the same place in the pitch in the second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
HurstsBoxers
February 18, 2023, 6:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +4
We learned us lesson on Tuesday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Spurn boy
February 18, 2023, 7:00pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from RonMariner
I do agree with him that we got very little out of the ref today. The Amos booking in particular was incredibly harsh. My neutral friend at the game said the free kick should have gone the other way. As did another one in almost the same place in the pitch in the second half.

Especially in the 2nd half when he marked out 2 lines for  positions for Town and Northampton players to stand behind for a drop ball. I’ve never ever seen that before. Attention seeking individual or what !!

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
forza ivano
February 18, 2023, 8:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from RonMariner

The northampton player didn't even look at the ball during that passage of play. All he wanted to do was wrestle Amos away from the ball and Amos was penalised! btw , and i hate to be critical, amos is not league 2 standard. 3rd or 4th time i've seen him this season and on every occasion he's looked out of his depth
sorry but thats the way i see it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Mariner93er
February 18, 2023, 8:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from forza ivano

The northampton player didn't even look at the ball during that passage of play. All he wanted to do was wrestle Amos away from the ball and Amos was penalised! btw , and i hate to be critical, amos is not league 2 standard. 3rd or 4th time i've seen him this season and on every occasion he's looked out of his depth

It's all about opinions but I disagree. He's solid enough at this level and has been better than Glennon in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
blundellpork
February 18, 2023, 8:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from RonMariner

It’s funny how people see things differently. I saw Amos with two hands grabbing hold of the Northampton player. I thought the ref called this one correctly, even if I did disagree with many many other decisions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
The Caterham Mariner
February 18, 2023, 10:19pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +102
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from HurstsBoxers
We learned us lesson on Tuesday

Definitely  2nd half was like watching a different all together at 1-0 to Northampton  i thought here we go .But no we started to play football with a bit of venom and drive.
Yes the Gillingham  game was a waste of petrol.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
chaos33
February 18, 2023, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from forza ivano

Don't agree.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
rancido
February 19, 2023, 9:44am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Spurn boy

Especially in the 2nd half when he marked out 2 lines for  positions for Town and Northampton players to stand behind for a drop ball. I’ve never ever seen that before. Attention seeking individual or what !!

I never even knew that was part of the laws of the game. Then again, when it comes to 'drop balls, I'm sure some refs make it up as they go along.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Post Match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.