February 17, 2023, 2:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f3rxz1
  • No new injuries or illnesses
  • Kieran Green's latest scan revealed no other damage apart from his cracked ribs; probably won't be back this month
  • Ryan Taylor is progressing 'towards normal training'; been with fitness coaches and youth team; Hurst hopes he'll rejoin the first team 'very shortly'
  • Otis Khan is 'on the right track' but still some time away
  • Jordan Cropper is in a similar place to Taylor; doing some light training
  • Owen Gallacher will come into Hurst's thinking
  • We were 'okay' against Gillingham; doesn't agree with Tondeur's implication that we were poor
  • Forced to play a different way with Khan's injury; 'we've done quite well with it'
  • We've lost too many close games and have been inconsistent
  • Will look at adding more physicality for next season; thinking about signing taller players
  • 'Would like to think' we'll be safe this season; no need for panic but no-one is too good to go down
  • Ben Fox is an important player for Northampton but is a 'major doubt' for this weekend
  • 'Common sense prevails' after Harrygate
Logged Online
Private Message
lukeo
February 17, 2023, 5:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,413
Gold Stars: 149
We weren't OK at Gillingham we was awful for 75mimutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
TheRealJohnLewis
February 17, 2023, 6:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from lukeo

We matched them for the majority of the game, apart from 2 x 5-minute spells in which they scored.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
marinerjase
February 17, 2023, 7:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from lukeo

Not quite the case was it?? Granted the second half was very poor, but there wasn’t ever a moment of concern in the first half. Even their manager referenced in his post match interview how frustrated they were as Town controlled the game.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
arryarryarry
February 17, 2023, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

We matched them for the majority of the game, apart from 2 x 5-minute spells in which they scored.

I must have watched a different game to you and Paul Hurst, I thought 1st half both teams were crap, second half we started really poorly and the more the game went one the better they looked and had the beating of our two wing backs. They scored and I thought that was that till the one and only decent cross we put in got us back on equal terms. However we couldn't profit from that and they went on and finished the game much stronger with continually putting very good crosses in to our area where we could only make the one.

They finished much stronger than we did and for me deserved to win.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
February 18, 2023, 10:05am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

I must have watched a different game to you and Paul Hurst, I thought 1st half both teams were crap, second half we started really poorly and the more the game went one the better they looked and had the beating of our two wing backs. They scored and I thought that was that till the one and only decent cross we put in got us back on equal terms. However we couldn't profit from that and they went on and finished the game much stronger with continually putting very good crosses in to our area where we could only make the one.

They finished much stronger than we did and for me deserved to win.

I'm guessing that's why PH is a Professional Football Manager and you aren't!

Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst pre-Northampton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.